PDA

View Full Version : ATOS - Appoitment on Monday (10/9/2012)

Timez
08-09-12, 15:52
Hi,

My mum has a ATOS assesment for her DLA on Monday.

She is incrediblly ill and stressed at the best of times - and this is making it even worse.

Also she has not been able to get any doctors letters yet, which means we will be turning up with nothing.

We also have not had access for a phone so have not been able to say we want it recorded.

Would i be able to email them (they wont recieve it until the day of the appotment (monday) as they are not in work until then)

The email will basiclly say we want it recorded and possibly more time to get a doctors letter.

Will this work? or will they just say we havent bothered to turn up if they dont reply on monday before we leave?

Thank you for your help (im my mum's carer)

Timez

bernie1977
08-09-12, 17:03
I would have a look on benefits and work website and go to the DLA guidelines and see if there is any info on there that can help you. Thy also have a forum where you can ask questions regarding benefit enquiries.

Timez
08-09-12, 17:30
I dont really trust them - as they are all the ones doing it all.

just wondered if i email them now - and they dont reply and we dont turn up - they will say we didnt bother.

Because ideally this needs to be recorded / have more time.

Timez

bernie1977
08-09-12, 17:35
Benefits and work is a website set up to help people on benefits it is nothing to do with the DWP, it's run by and supported by people who have worked for Citizens Advice, Welfare Rights and guidelines are given by a qualified barrister

http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/

nomorepanic
08-09-12, 17:46
Thanks for that link Bernie - I will put it in a sticky thread so I can direct people there in the future as NMP is not the best place to advise on these things.

Timez
08-09-12, 18:00
ah sorry my mistake - i read it as "DWP" instead of "BAW"

My bad :) - will try that now - Thank you.

Timez

---------- Post added at 18:00 ---------- Previous post was at 17:56 ----------

seems you have to pay even to post in their forums :(

Any others i could try? We just dont have any money at the moment.

Timez

london
08-09-12, 18:33
dla can not be recored sorry
god bless

Serenitie
08-09-12, 19:24
I would advise you to attend. My money was stopped as I was unable to attend due to agoraphobia. This caused me a horrendous amount of stress that I did not need on top of my existing problems. It is highly probable that they will say that you had the opportunity to make requests in plenty of time and if you failed to turn up, they may class it as a no show. It really isn't worth taking the risk in my opinion.

Timez
09-09-12, 18:47
Indeed - we will attend. - just hope they dont screw us over

Thank you all for taking the time to reply to me :)

Timez