PDA

View Full Version : Chicken or egg situation?

samtheman
08-09-12, 15:58
I can only speak for myself but life has dealt me a real load of $hit thus far, every damn day is a struggle and had I the chance to hit a button to wipe any trace of me from earth like I never existed I would gladly jump at the chance.

But what I wonder is, do I have mental health issues because of what life has dealt me or did life deal me this shit because of mental health issues IE (GA, SA & Depression) and had I not had these problems would I be living the dream?

PokerFace
10-09-12, 06:00
Interesting question, but so hard to answer. I often wonder the same thing myself! A lot of us probably sit there thinking "if things had have been different.." It's easy to imagine ourselves in better, more fulfilling situations, but who knows if that would have even happened for us? It could have turned out worse for us if mental health issues never affected us.

It sounds like you're really down at the moment, I know what it feels like to be so dissapointed in yourself and down about anxiety to feel like if you could never have existed, you'd prefer that, but life deals out good things as well as all the bad. It's true that you never know what's around the corner, you could argue that "yea, but'll all be bad again!" but you never really know. It's never too late to get out into the world and make good stuff happen, to enjoy yourself and your life, no matter how sad, anxious or lonely we might be! Good things do and will happen.

I really hope you feel better soon. x

paranoidtree
10-09-12, 09:04
When i'm feeling really low i wonder the exact same thing though over the years i have been trying to actually thank the universe for everything i have gone through as it has helped make me the person that i am - strong, courageous, determined. i think if my life had been easy and free from fear and worry and anxiety i wouldn't be half the person i am today.

This kind of thinking isn't easy though and i have to actively practice it which i don't always remember to do.

Hope you feel better soon.:hugs: