PDA

View Full Version : Lump in back of neck...

MaryMac
08-09-12, 20:40
Hi everyone... back again! :) I've got a hard lump on the back of my neck, right in the middle, just below my hairline. I honestly think it has been there for years but only because I'm so worried about leukemia/lymphoma I've been worrying about it. I'm not sure if there are lymph nodes located in this position, apparently they're called occipital nodes and it's rare for cancer to start in these ones, but this lump sort of feels like it's part of the neck muscle, it disappears if I sit straight but if I bend my head forward I can feel it. This last week I've had an awful cold and cough, so now my old fears about it being lymphoma or leukemia are coming back!! Arghh! I had a wisdom tooth removed 3 weeks ago, it stopped bleeding within 2 minutes and has healed perfectly, so I was feeling positive about things but now I feel back at square 1 again. I've asked a few people and they said they have a lump in the same place and they're not in the least bit worried, but again I'm too scared to go to the doctor incase they confirm the worst!!
ARGHHH!!!! :) xx

cattttt
09-09-12, 00:47
If the lump is right in the middle, it's likely to be the process on the first spinal vertebra. Everyone has them, but some stick out more than others, as you found out from asking other people.