PDA

View Full Version : hi everyone

just_Me
30-07-06, 09:09
Hi all,
My name is Miracle and I am 32 years old, mother of 3 great children, I just started having anxiety/panic attacks the last 3 months and I don't know why I started to have them...
It all started when my doctor told me I was in a depression but i didn't feel like I was, me and my hubby were having some problems and weren't together at the time (now we are[^]).
My doctor gave me some kind of pill for depression, I forget the name of it, he told me I would feel much better after I take them so i did.. 3 days after I took them I had a very very bad full blown anxiety/panic attack after i took the pill that day and it really freaked me out, so I stopped taking that pills for depression, I did tell my doctor I stopped and why, but ever since then I have been having anxiety/panic attacks for no reason and just Boom hits me like that, I sometimes can stop them from going full blown but sometimes i just can't stop it.. Sometimes it feels like I am high or Very lightheaded ( I don't do any kind of drugs, I don't even drink) I am very careful what I eat or any kind of pill I at even for headacks pills cause that can sometimes make one come on alot of times it is nothing at all that makes it come..
I just would like to know how to stop them from coming without taking pills like my doctor would like to put me on but since the other pills that started this I am worried to start any new pills.
And why now would I start to have them after so many years of not, I mean I have had alot of stressful things happen to me in life and why now???.
Well that is my story[:o)]

Clare_63
30-07-06, 09:14
Hi Miracle

A big welcome to NMP - you are bound to find some good advice and even make some new friends here

Clare

Granny Primark
30-07-06, 09:26
Him miracle,

Firstly let me welcome you to this site.
I too like you wont take any pills.
My panic attacks started 12 months ago and completely out of the blue. Ive questioned myself so many times how and why they started last year when years ago i had to much stress in my life yet they didnt happen then.
I try not to worry now how about how and why they started but try to think positive and move on.

Its really difficult i know, but trust me with help and support you get from people on this website it is possible.

Take care
LYNN

den64
30-07-06, 12:29
Hi Just-me
Welcome to the site
you need to learn how to relax get youre self a relaxation tape and listen to it dont worry if at first youre mind wanders off as this is usually what happens, do it at least twice a day and youre mind will accept that this is youre time for peace, as to why do you get panic now, well from what you said youve had a lot of stress that youve had to deal with, now youve got none as such youre body cant cope with not having any stress sounds silly but thats what happens, then when it comes to you saying for example "what a terrible year that was thank god its over with" you start to relax a little but youre body is saying hold up a minute im not used to this, ive been so tense and stressed i want to keep it that way, hence the dreaded "Panic Attack" you can get over this with practice and more practise and you can get youre life back, even though its hard work it does pay off,

Hope ive been of some help to you

Take Care

Denise:D[8D]

manmoor
30-07-06, 14:04
Hi Miracle,

Welcome aboard. It's nice to have you with us.

Take Care

Mandy
xx

scoobygirl2005
30-07-06, 14:04
Hi.

Welcome to the forum. You will find lots of help and support here and make some new friends too!

Scooby2005
x x

trac67
30-07-06, 15:39
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

nomorepanic
30-07-06, 16:54
Hi Miracle

Welcome aboard. Lovely to see you here.

Have a good read of all the info on the website as it will really help you to understand things and get some help.

Nicola

polly daydream
31-07-06, 00:12
Hi Miracle and welcome to the forum.

Best wishes,

Polly