PDA

View Full Version : Foot pain.

Trevstan
09-09-12, 19:47
Over the last month or so i have had pain in my heel/arch of my left foot (It just came from no where) it comes and goes but boy it's really hurting today feels like a sharp stabbing pain when i put any weight on it and a very dull but achy pain when i don't get the sharp stab.

They is no visible signs of damage.

It just came back on Thursday and it has progressively gotten worse up until the point today when i am getting a headache from all the pain if i move it boy do i know.

Is they anything major to worry about?

I have not googled as i refuse to and plan on seeing a doctor tomorrow all being well... But the first thing i thought of as a HA sufferer is Blood Clot and i don't even know if its the right symptoms.

Thanks.

rockydog
09-09-12, 19:57
hi nobody can medically diagnose you and its good you are seeing a doctor. It isnt likely a blood clot would go away or ease at times and it isnt really that sort of pain. That sounds far more like a structure thing, maybe muscles and nerves and if its only in your foot then dont worry about it being other things. Arches can give that sort of pain if there is a minor problem. Hope you get on ok with the gp x

lindajane1971
09-09-12, 20:51
Hi,
Is it worse first thing in the morning? It could be plantar fasciitis, which i have had and its very very painful,
have a quick look at this site and compare what you are feeling to the description there, dont worry there is nothing sinister about it on the page.

http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/sport-injuries/foot-heel-pain/plantar-fasciitis

Trevstan
09-09-12, 21:08
Hi,
Is it worse first thing in the morning? It could be plantar fasciitis, which i have had and its very very painful,
have a quick look at this site and compare what you are feeling to the description there, dont worry there is nothing sinister about it on the page.

http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/sport-injuries/foot-heel-pain/plantar-fasciitis

Yeah it really bad in the morning... Specially going down the stairs the first one drops me to sit on the step the pain is that bad.

I have noticed the pain lessens as i am walking about on it its there but bareable but once i have rested it then take a step or to i get a sharp pain.

The pain in just in the arch on the heel but when it first started a month or so ago it was in the middle of the heel.

Trevstan
10-09-12, 15:52
Seen the doctor this morning and she said what Linda thought it could be plantar fasciitis.

Checked my foot throughly pulse etc etc.... Said it can last a year i bloody hope not its pretty painful lol.

swgrl09
10-09-12, 15:57
I've had foot pain as well, and some on and off tingling in just one of my toes ... I am going to get some insoles to see if they help, as I don't have very supportive shoes.

lindajane1971
10-09-12, 23:14
Hi Trevstan
Yeah i had it for 18 months!! was a total nightmare of pain for me (sorry) Classic sign is the pain first thing and then easing off after walking, it never eased off for me though - typical!!!
I tried everything, physio did nothing, gel's did nothing, i bought numerous pairs of shoes and inserts all to no avail. What did help a wee bit was i put a small coke bottle of water into the freezer and "rolled" it back and forth on the sore bit, eased it for a while :)
Also stretching your foot in the morning before getting out of bed, pullling your foot up so the the calf muscles are taught for a few minutes can help with that first steps in the morning!!
I also bought a night splint to wear in bed, bit like a cast with velcro, this keeps your foot in position where the muscle is kept taught all night so does not stretch when you put weight on it. It did help a bit, but it was awkward to wear more than a few hours and i kept kicking my husband with it LOL
I also had the injection into the foot, oh my dear god it hurts like crazy, but it can cure it for some people within a few minutes!!! Didnt work for me the first time, the second time it made it worse for a week and then it dissapeared completely.
Although the injection was so very painful if i get it again i am just going to ask for it rather than go through prolonged pain again :)
Hope it passes for you soon!!
x

ElectricAlice
10-09-12, 23:15
Well done for not googling :)