PDA

View Full Version : jaw and salivary gland problems

mrs way to worried
09-09-12, 20:51
ive had jaw problems for a long time around 3 years its worse in winter it aches i had two wisdom teeth out and it didnt improve i have a salivary gland in the side of my cheek obviously i have one the other side to , after eating it swells and aches it always has a little like stone i can feel at the bottom well i hope its a stone :/ before my wisdom teeth were out i had an head and neck mri and a xray they said they could see no lumps ect and i have full blood work every 6 months and its all ways fine just a mildly low iron count also they said if this gland was a tumour it wouldnt swell and go down again i just dont like this pain anyone experienced the same ?

mrs way to worried
11-09-12, 15:05
i forgot to mention in my post i also only ever get mouth ulcers on this side

paranoidtree
11-09-12, 15:08
i'm sorry you suffer this way. I had a bit of scare with my glands a couple of weeks ago as i felt there were lumps in my necks and they were quite painful to touch however after some gently massage by my osteopath it has calmed down. I am just left with a tense/stiff/aching jaw constantly though think this is because i tense my jaw at night rather than related to my glands.

Oh gosh, i haven't been much use. It sounds like they did some thorough investigations. How long ago did you mention this to your doctor? Perhaps it is worth mentioning how worried you are about it in case there is anything else they can do to help/reassure you?