PDA

View Full Version : Really need help...scared

angrry
10-09-12, 01:29
Hi everyone...you may have read my post bout my being scared I have pancreatic cancer. I have had upper abdominal pain and mid back pain for a few weeks now...3 weeks ago i started getting itchy skin. I have been to my doctor twice for this, he has scheduled an ultrasound but it won't be until later October. Today I noticed when I went to the bathroom the BM was yellowish, not brown at all...I am absolutely terrified now. Should I go back to my doctor tomorrow and request blood tests and see if he can speed up the ultrasound or just go straight to emergency and get things checked there....thanks for listening.....I am so scared...I\m only 49...my daughter is 10....she can't be without a dad this young :weep:

nomorepanic
10-09-12, 01:44
Mine are yellow all the time to be honest and loads of others on here have that too.

angrry
10-09-12, 01:51
ty for the reply nomorepanic...i guess what i'm looking at is the entirety of the symptoms...not just the yellowish bm...it seems it's just one more symptom to add to the list

nomorepanic
10-09-12, 01:53
Well only you can decide what to do about it - I am just telling you it can be normal.

If you feel you need to see the doc then please do go back and ask about it but I am sure it is nothing.

angrry
10-09-12, 01:55
ok ty

Anxiety Jim
10-09-12, 03:35
As I can't get to sleep because of bad abdominal pain despite only having 2 hours sleep last night with the same I think i might be able to help, or at least let you know you're not alone.

I was terrified of pancreatic cancer too a couple of weeks ago, I had yellow BM's for about 3 weeks, my Dr gave me a blood test and said everything is fine except low calcium, and low vitamin D, low and behold a few days later my BM's went back to brownish coloured, a bit loose, but brown.

I had itchy skin too, and I still do but my Dr doesn't seem worried.

angrry
10-09-12, 03:42
tyvm Jim...that does help a bit....i hope you feel better soon too

angrry
10-09-12, 18:14
ok...I was able to get an appt with my doctor this afternoon...I will ask him to do blood tests to see if my liver function is ok and all the enzymes are normal...if not..hopefully he can move up the date of the ultrasound....still pretty worried tho