PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and alcohol

matrix123
10-09-12, 14:46
I know that alcohol is not good when you have anxiety and take anti-anxiety meds.

However, yesterday I was in a wedding and did drink a few cups of wine. Of course it made me feel better (sedative effect), but also all my physical symptoms almost disappeared. My most frustrating symptom has been been a weak feeling in my left leg that has never disappeared...however yesterday evening it almost disappeared or at least slightly noticeable.

Does anyone else had similar story? I guess it's a good thing because it shows that the symptoms are due to anxiety, right?

tiredOfOcd
10-09-12, 15:05
Dangerous combination. My grandfather was an alcoholic, many of his children have depression/anxiety issues as do some of his grandchildren.

Myself included.

Fortunately, the meds make 1 drink hit me like 4 and I loathe feeling hungover, so I've become a lightweight again and I'm not complaining.

Elle-Kay
10-09-12, 17:35
I can't even have a few sips of alcohol without my anxiety going through the roof, so it surprises me that you say about it having a sedative effect.

Mikeywal
10-09-12, 18:22
Mine dissapear as well, all my headaches the tingles all go when i have a few drinks. which makes sence as we relax. but the next day is awful. it seems like it doubles in feelings. and it makes me even worse. So i tend to avoid it all together.

matrix123
10-09-12, 19:28
Mine dissapear as well, all my headaches the tingles all go when i have a few drinks. which makes sence as we relax. but the next day is awful. it seems like it doubles in feelings. and it makes me even worse. So i tend to avoid it all together.

That's what I thought that when you get drunk you relax...today was a bit worse than "normal", but not really awful. I try to avoid it as well (caffeine also), but sometimes I "let myself go"...