PDA

View Full Version : worrying myself with dread every morn

juju
30-07-06, 18:50
hi all, i was just wondering does anybody else have peak of anxiety in the morning? i wake up and bam worrying about the most stupid things like goin to the shop now i know all blown out of proportion i have gad. any one got any tips on this it seems to set me off for the whole day i need some relief thankyooo

Kathy
31-07-06, 12:27
Hi there

Sometimes I wake up and Im happy for a minute or so and like you say - bam - in come the worries. I wonder if its because your body's stress hormones peak in the morning to wake you up. What I do is I get up immediately - dont lie in and get worse. Make a cup of tea and start your morning routine

lainey
31-07-06, 13:22
Hi there

My anxiety is at it's worst in the morning too, as Kathy says I just get up and try to get on with the day and as the day goes on it gets easier. When I as acute I used to listen to a relaxation tape in the morning which used to help immensly.

Take care

Elaine x

juju
31-07-06, 15:55
thanks all
the last couple of mornings i have tried to answer my worries with logical answers-seems to have relieved it a lot-dont know how long for it is another symptom of anxiety anyway isnt it-worry worry worry even we know it sounds pathetic but doesnt stop us does it ?
take care and thanks again.