PDA

View Full Version : Post panic attack-right side of head sensation

loopylu86
10-09-12, 20:42
Hi...Just wondered if anyone else can relate to this one symptom that I always get...When I am feeling particulary anxious and especially during/after I have a panic attack I always get a strange sensation in the exact same place on the right side of my head it starts about 3 inches above my ear and is in a specific area. about the size of an apple's perimeter. It's not painful and it is not tingly. Just sort of there. I always rub the same area when I get extra anxiety. What could this be?

Also...Does anyone ever have that sense of impending doom. Everything is so alien to me right now. It reminds me of when I was a child and would wake up with a tummyache...and be shaking with fear. That is the closest feeling to the description to it.

Please reply. Any thoughts/stories I really would love to know.

casswhite
10-09-12, 22:15
Hiya loopylu,

Hope your feeling better :-) them sensations you are having are all normal, i was told by my C.B.T that when you have a panic attack lots of adrenalin rushes to the important parts of the body ie muscle's and the heart to give us fighting power i.e to fight of a predator, but in many situations this isn't the case so its not burned of as it should do giving us a panic attack. with your head the outer core of your brain shuts down to suply your muscles with blood making you have strange pains.

I get alot of intrusive thoughts of inpending doom, but keep telling yourself that whats happening is all normal.

I hope this helps, if you need a chat just inbox me take hun cass :-) x

loopylu86
10-09-12, 22:19
Wow,I had no idea about the outer brain core thing. Which would perfectly describe the area. I had the same sensation back when I was 22 and had a 9 month anxiety/dp episode. So not so much concerned that it's anything sinister...just really confused as to why it was always that same area. The mind/body is an amazing thing!!