PDA

View Full Version : AT LONG, LONG LAST!!!!!

Caz Fab Pants
01-06-04, 20:35
I cant believe my wonderful boyfriend has managed to find this website for me which is all so relevant to me that reading just a few of the posts has left me feeling choked. (For me thats amazing because the Lustral numbs my emotions so crying is impossible.)

The first thing that has hit me is the fact that you guys aren't shrinking violets or geeks with no personalities, you are funny, regular people who have anxiety problems etc just like me!

I have got so much to say but dont want to bore the pants off you so on this occasion I'm going to try and keep things brief.

Basically I suffer from anxiety, panic attacks and agoraphobia and life at the moment is pretty limited. I'm not at my worst but I'm by no means living a normal life because I worry about pretty much every situation I enter and keep all outings brief.

I started Lustral about 5weeks ago and although its taken the edge off I really need to get back to the doctors so the dose can be increased (I'm only on 50mg)

I cant wait to make friends on here and be able to be honest about what goes on in my life and in my mind rather than holding back to give the impression of being someone who is perfectly happy & confident.

Hugs,
Caroline :D

kate
01-06-04, 20:50
Hiya Caroline,

Welcome to the site!

I also suffer from the same problems as yourself, with depression thrown in for good measure!

Look forward to hearing further from you!

Kate x

Rennie1989
01-06-04, 20:52
Hiya caroline

welcome to the site

i suffer scolionophobia (fear o' school) and panic attacks. i suffer alot of stress at the mo and is affectin my way of life.

i hope u do find sum friends ere, talk 2 SU, she is soooooo funny. ull find her on the Panic Pause/Humour and Ask Aunt Su, she is funny, honest

Jade AKA Scooter Girl

Caz Fab Pants
01-06-04, 20:53
Hi Kate,

Forgot to mention I too suffer with depression, I guess thats because to me its the least of all my problems. I think the depression would clear up on its own if I could conquer the agoraphobia.

Thanks for reply.
C
x

kate
01-06-04, 20:58
Hi Caroline,

Yes, my depression is also at the bottom of the list, though when I have a bad attack, it rises further up the list!!

Look forward to hearing from you again!

Kate x

Rennie1989
01-06-04, 21:00
forgot 2 mention, i also suffer depression

i have it soooo much, but how could i have forgoten it, lol

Scooter Girl

Caz Fab Pants
01-06-04, 21:07
Hi Jade,

Its so nice to hear from you and think its great that you are all so honest about your probs.

I dont generally tell people in everyday life about my problems and I dont know anyone who has anything similar to me so its great to know that I'm not alone.

Thanks,
C
x

sarah
01-06-04, 21:11
Hi Caroline

welcome to the site.
Im glad you have found us and now you know you arent alone with this.

How long have you suffered?

Yep you are right, we arent shrinking violets or geeks...we are just mad panickers with 'normal' people inside gagging to come out....lol

take care
Love Sarah
xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution :)

nomorepanic
01-06-04, 21:18
Hi Caroline

Welcome - so pleased that you found us cos you will get all the help and support you need here.

I have suffered from panic and anxiety for 11 years now but I am currently doing ok.

Let us know if you have any specific questions.

Have you had chance to read much on the website too?

Look forward to hearing from you more.

Nicola

april tones
01-06-04, 21:31
hi caroline, how are you? welcome to site. I have anxiety and deppression.And have suffered panic attacks. hope you find help you need. I havent experienced agorophobia i bet its really horrible, hope you get help you need. love april x

apriltones

stimpy
01-06-04, 23:40
Hi Caroline and welcome!

Welcome to the Lustral Club! - I'm on 150mg at the moment.
I've been taking them on and off for 9 years.

I became a panic monster after the birth of my second son, but recovered.
I then became a panic monster again last year, suffering with panic, anxiety and agrophobia.
People who have never suffered agrogphobia have no idea what it is like.
At one time I was afraid to go to bed, afraid to leave the house, I wouldn't even go in the garden.
I always find panic and depression often go hand in hand, as you are depressed because you are panicing.

Don't worry you are not alone, we've all suffered at sometime or another.
We are all human underneath, but sometimes the panic gets to much for us and hides us away from the rest of the world.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

benoo5
02-06-04, 15:43
hi caroline,

welcome to the forum,your right,your boyfriend has really helped you,by finding NMP,its a great place for support,and could well be the first step in your recovery.

best wishes....bryan.

Caz Fab Pants
03-06-04, 14:39
Thanks guys, its great to get such a positive response.

I can tell its going to be hard to remember all the names but I'm sure with time I'll get to grips with them.

C
x