PDA

View Full Version : im scared of this anxiety

juju
30-07-06, 20:58
nice to find this website u r all so nice and supportive my name is julie and i have recently been diagnosed with having gad/panic life sucks meds not kicked in yet cant cope

nomorepanic
30-07-06, 21:00
Julie

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Apart from the meds has the doctor offered any form of therapy like CBT?

Nicola

clickaway
30-07-06, 23:55
Welcome aboard Julie.

Anxiety is quite often scary but you gradually understand it and you can cope better.

You'll find a lot of comfort here, I'm sure.

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

polly daydream
31-07-06, 00:27
Hi Julie and welcome to the forum.

Best wishes,

Polly

Dave777
31-07-06, 06:05
Hello Julie, glad you found us.
You'll find plenty of friends here that can help you through a bad patch.

take care
Dave;)

twiglet
31-07-06, 07:43
hi Julie, this forum is great. you'll get a lot of support here.
there's a lot of friendly people on here.
take care.
twiglet xx

scoobygirl2005
31-07-06, 16:21
Hi.

Welcome to the forum. You will find lots of help and support here and make some new friends too! Please don't give up, things will get better in time. How long have you been on your meds? If you haven't been on them long then just give them a little longer and you should be feeling better soon if they are the right ones for you.

Scooby2005
x x

juju
31-07-06, 16:35
thanks all so much -only been on the meds for 5 weeks been told by doc to stick with them only they are making me more anxious than in the begginning-he said give them time i keep waking up every morning thinking this is the day i will feel myself again keeping my thoughts pos does help a bit

scoobygirl2005
31-07-06, 16:38
Hi.

Give your meds a little longer because they probably haven't kicked into your system yet, sometimes it takes a while. Just keep being positive.

Scooby2005
x x

juju
31-07-06, 17:27
thankyou so much all of you its nice to know that someone understands me i try to explain my symptoms of this to my family and i think they just think i have had a nervous breakdown or something..so then i start to think have i ? or am i heading for one......when i have my depersonilisation days i think the most.i have given advice to another post about this pity i cant tell meself innit he he