PDA

View Full Version : Taken no meds today - so far!

Elle-Kay
11-09-12, 14:05
Since my Dad was admitted to hospital last Thursday I've been relying on the 'emergency' Diazepam my GP prescribed to help me through the day as my anxiety levels have been so high (the Dr did say they were for 'as and when' situations when I felt I needed a bit more help, so I think this has qualified!). I've been taking 2 a day, rather than the 3 recommended on the packet. Even so, it has sometimes been hard work, especially at visiting times as I really hate the hospital.

Today though, I skipped my morning tablet and thought I'd see how I got on, and so far I haven't felt that I need it. I've even managed to have a small lunch without too much of a wobble :D

I may need to take a tablet later, as the evenings/nights are the hardest time, but I'll still be happy to have only needed 1 tablet today :)

Annie0904
11-09-12, 14:07
Well done Elle-Kay :) pleased you are having a better day :hugs:

karenp
11-09-12, 14:08
Oh good for you darl (: I am so so sorry to hear about your Dad though, hope he's miles better and home soon.

paranoidtree
11-09-12, 15:05
Well done! :D

Sorry to hear about your Dad and hope he feels better soon.

Sparkle1984
11-09-12, 18:05
Well done! I hope you and your Dad feel better soon.

Elle-Kay
12-09-12, 13:25
Well, I did it! I went through the whole of yesterday without taking any diazepam at all. I had lunch, a small dinner, and survived my husband being out during the evening. I did have a bit of a wobble at bedtime when I got two telephone calls out of the blue, which broke into my relaxation, but I did nod off to sleep at a reasonable time and only woke once, so all in all I'm quite pleased :)

I have taken a tablet this morning as I know that I have to go up to the hospital later (and as I mentioned, I hate the hospital so this is an anxiety trigger for me at the moment), but I see this as exactly what the Dr prescribed them for.