PDA

View Full Version : Feel panicky right now

Sparkle1984
11-09-12, 21:01
I've been doing fairly well for the last month, but now I feel panicky. :scared15: I've been working on a difficult task this week, and to be honest for most of today I just sat there at my desk not really knowing what I'm supposed to be doing. I've asked my manager for help a couple of times already, and he has given me some direction but I still don't feel that I'm competent/experienced enough to complete the task. Added to this, I've got a really hectic day tomorrow - I have a hairdressing appointment in my lunch-hour and then in the evening I've got a social club night to go to - I have to go as I'm the organiser (I usually enjoy them once I get there). So I won't have much time to relax at all tomorrow, maybe an hour if I'm lucky.

Plus I think I'm nervous because this is my first full-time week at work in over a month, so I've got to get used to working 5 days a week again. And this has all coincided with a change in brand of medication, so I'm not sure if this has made my anxiety worse (even though all generic brands are in theory supposed to be the same).

Annie0904
11-09-12, 21:07
It does seem like you have a lot happening this week especially with it being a full week at work. I always get more anxious and panicky when I am tired. Maybe a nice relaxing bath and early night in bed with some relaxing might help you? Hope you feel better tomorrow :hugs:

Sparkle1984
11-09-12, 22:16
Thanks for your support. :) I've been feeling tired as I've only been able to sleep for 7 hours for each of the last 3 nights. I've had too much on my mind so I can't motivate myself to go to sleep before midnight!

Elle-Kay
11-09-12, 22:21
Sorry you're having a bit of a blip Sparkle. Could you put on some relaxing music to fall asleep with, to try to see if you can get to sleep earlier tonight? If I don't have what I want in the house I log on to YouTube on my phone and see if I can find a classical chill-out playlist or something. I particularly like Ave Maria & Moonlight Sonata :)