PDA

View Full Version : Problems passing stool, very worried

Ferry1995
12-09-12, 00:29
Alright, this is a pretty embarrassing one :(

3-4 days I went to the gp to discuss my ongoing health anxiety and after some discussion he decided to take me off 20mg of clomipramine, and as soon as I stopped taking them I felt noticeably better, and began to get on with things, however, I haven't passed a stool since, normally I'm passing 2-3 times a day as I eat a lot of fibre, but nothing recently, I can feel it building up and it's really unpleasant , I get the feeling i need to go but it doesn't come , does anyone know what this could be, what I could do, could it be a side effect of coming off the meds, is not going for this long dangerous?

nomorepanic
12-09-12, 00:47
Pop to the chemist and they can give you a laxative to help things along.

uk23
12-09-12, 04:03
Clomipramine slows down the digestive tract and has strong anticholinergic side effects (same as antispasmodics used for IBS) which helps to regulate the bowel. Maybe since you have stopped taking it your bowel no longer has that benefit so is finding it hard to deal with the fibre.

Ferry1995
12-09-12, 21:40
Symptoms are getting strange, I "need" the toilet 3-4 times a day now, but the stools are either incrediibly hard pellets or very runny, either way I'm not moving much, although a bit passed today, 4 days worth of heavy eating are still stored up, what's stranger is, i'm more hungry than I usually am, so hence I'm eating more, I'm worried if I don't poop eventually it'll effect my organs or something, as ridiculous as it sounds, will this pass normally or will I need to go to a doctor, I really don't want to have to take a laxative.

nomorepanic
12-09-12, 21:49
I know someone that only goes at most twice a week and she has been like this for many many years so I guess it is ok.