PDA

View Full Version : fear of death and illness

star_light294
02-06-04, 06:47
hi all
does anyone have a morbid fear of death or illness? im 50 and i have had panic and anxiety since i was 21 year old....i just want to be normal again..i suffer from agoraphobia and i cant see any way out...everyday im full of fear ,,,,my body is always revving ..zinging..or vibrating ..and i always have scared negative thoughts ...i think...my god im 50 there is not much time left,,,,and the chances of getting some major health problem..(that i always think im getting )..is so much higher...im really scared of living incase i die...anyone relate?
star:(

hh

Laurie28
02-06-04, 12:06
Star,

I can relate BIG time. Have a look in the welcome bit of the forum and read Megs (Radar) First Steps to Overcoming Panic and Anxiety. Are you taking any steps to try and help with the panic? (ie medication, counselling, change of diet etc?)

Lucky

Meg
02-06-04, 14:27
Hi Starlight

'and i always have scared negative thoughts' ..at least you know you're doing it.

What have you done thus far to help yourself, how agoraphobic are you ?

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

april tones
03-06-04, 21:52
hi star, i have same phobias but i can almost say its nearly gone, i took anti deppressants and its helped with that side of illness. I dont worry about every symptom, dont think about dying at all, only once other day, thought im 23, nearl half way to 5o, then,60,70 etc. Ihave horrible fear of knowing you dont come back to your life again and loved ones who are here. I do believe in life after death though as ive seen proof of it but it still dont stop you worrying! take care, your not alone, love april x

apriltones

star_light294
05-06-04, 06:26
DEarApril tones
you say you have seen proof of lifeafter life or coming back again...could you pleose share that with me
as i feel thats half my problem is fear of the unknown......im also phobic of meds and doctorsdentistsand losing control....gosh i think i fear life...i have agoraphobia and im always anxiousand charged like something bad is going to happen...i hate this feeling and yet i feelpowerless to overcome it
star:(

hh

Caitlyn89
05-06-04, 06:32
Agoraphobia hmm maybe you should talk to a psych about that. You know its good with overcoming phobias as to take baby steps. Like walk a step out of your front door then return walk to the mailbox come home cross your street come home and evetually small shops and so on and so forth i believe this method does work. Also i was wondering have you ever heard the term Hypochondria?? I think you should look it up. Its like you always fear the worst even if its a simple headache and you always think there is something wrong. Look it up having information might help!

stimpy
05-06-04, 23:06
yep starlight, I can relate to that.

When I was in my panic monster days I was always worried about having something life threatening, or that my family and friends were suddenly going to leave me or die.

I think it is all part of the condition, work on the agrophobia and the rest will take care of itself.
Start small, very small. leave the room, get comfortable with that. Then try the door, don't open it just get comfortable with it. Then open the door and get comfortable with that. Nice slow easy steps. and before too long you will be able step outside with no problems.

Good luck!

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

april tones
06-06-04, 22:13
HI STAR LIGHT, I HOPE I DONT OFFEND ANY ONE TELLING THIS.I used to go to a spiritual church and had a few messages off mediums about people i knew who had dyed, relatives, friends. They were things said that they would not no about so i know its true. I started doing it myself and gave few messages to people, only little words that entered my head. I have also seen spirit. I feel it helped me with fear of death but not completely. I went at wrong time though, when i first got ill few years ago, i would love to go again. I developed fear of meds last few years but cracked it by taking meds, you can do it too, if you want to chat email me or post on here too, love april x x

apriltones

nomorepanic
06-06-04, 22:18
Hi April and starlight

We had a discussion about this before cos I used to go to the church all the time.

Take a look at

http://nomorepanic.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=475

We are not offended April cos we all have our opinions.

Nicola

april tones
07-06-04, 21:40
ah thanks nicola, wasnt sure if we could talk about things like that, il have a look at that link, thanks alot x

apriltones

april tones
07-06-04, 21:47
hi nicola, found that really interesting, have to have chat again soon about it, love april. x x

apriltones

Laurie28
08-06-04, 12:06
April,

I dno't think anyone would get offended you just told us that you went etc and never forced opinions etc on us. It's always nice to hear what others get up to!!!

Glad you are doing so much better than a few months ago and hope baby is doing well

love
Lucky

april tones
08-06-04, 15:35
ah thanks lucky, yes its nice to get to know people on here.I will have to come into chat room, ive not come in yet. Can we say what part of country we live in? what are your interests? We should do topic on hobbies or something. How are you getting on? love april x

apriltones

nomorepanic
08-06-04, 19:25
April

Glad you found it interesting.

We look forward to seeing you in chat sometime.

You are welcome to say whatever you like. There is also a Pen Pal post if you want people to email you from there (with similar interests, probelms etc).

Nicola

Laurie28
09-06-04, 11:57
Hiya April,

I'm doing not too badly!! You can reveal as much or as little as you want to us!!!
Some feel they can tell all and others are a bit more reserved!!!

I'm afraid with 2 kids and a f/t job my interests are limited!!!!

Not to worry i'm thinking about stopping smoking soon so will start the old exercising again!!!

Love
Lucky

Tessie28
09-06-04, 13:08
Starlight,
I can relate to that especially since both my parents died. This bought the idea of dying home to me.
love Tess

april tones
10-06-04, 16:16
hi lucky, have you tried going on to low tar ciggies first before stopping. I done this and havent smoked for 2 years, i smoked for 8 or nine years, love april x

apriltones

gingerone
16-06-04, 21:51
Hello Star
my name is christina and i know that feeling you have and i want to tell you i am 18 and i fear death and people laugh but its not funny when ur the one worrying about it. alot of the time i have trouble sleeping but i have been on anti depressions for over a week and i really believe they are help and i take nytol herbal before bed. they really help me alot but saying that i have only been on them 2 nights lol. star add me to ur msn if u have it and we can chat more get back to me
love ginger

c j giff

gingerone
17-06-04, 19:45
i hate this i think i am going to die and its doing my head in

c j giff

sarah
17-06-04, 21:00
Christina

You are NOT going to die ok?
Its really common to think like this when you have not long been having panic attacks and arent 'used' to how it feels.
I too felt like that for a while at the beginning but as soon as I realised what was happening and began to accept and deal with it I felt a little better.
You really have to be strong and remember that they CANT hurt you!!
Its the first step to recovery I think.

Take care
love sarah
xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution :)

april tones
15-07-04, 23:01
hi christina if you want to chat message me, take care, love april x

apriltones

april tones
15-07-04, 23:06
hi christina if you want to chat message me, take care, love april x

apriltones