PDA

View Full Version : Can I stop taking Sertraline after 2 months on meds

Sharon66
12-09-12, 16:01
Hello

Im really struggling mentally with taking Sertraline 50 mg Ive only taken 11 tablets however I was on Cit 20mg for 6 weeks. Would I be able to stop the meds without reducing as Im not clear they are working. GP not in until tomorrow.

Sorry for mithering.
Sharon
xx

Marie13
12-09-12, 19:31
you cant just stop darling. I wsh it was that easy. try a homeopath, I am but dont know how it will end. good luck x

Gotagetthroughthis
12-09-12, 19:42
You would probably have to gradually cut down if you really want to stop taking it. Why did you stop taking the Citalopram if you dont mind me asking? as i think im about to stop taking it aswell.

Sharon66
13-09-12, 08:57
Hi I had been on them 6 weeks and GP did not feel they had had the effect they should have so advised me to change meds.
Take care
Sharon x

Lissa101
13-09-12, 10:28
Hi Sharon, you should give it more time. I'm on week 2 and feel rubbish (plus have a cold, poor me :weep:). I'd really like to stop. What keeps me taking them is that if I do stop and feel terrible I'll never know if they would have worked given time. Then I'm back to square one. If they aren't doing anything after, say 2 months (or whenever your GP thinks the cut off is) then you can stop knowing they weren't for you. x

Sharon66
14-09-12, 08:59
Thanks Lisa spoke to my GP yesterday he said its too soon and to carry on taking them. I'm back to see him in 2 weeks and he said if I haven't noticed a difference he may up the dose however I don't really want this but will wait and see. Hope you are soon feeling better. x

merlotsmum
15-09-12, 14:46
Good luck with the meds Sharon66, my GP said it could take up to 3 months to really feel the benefit though would like some improvement before then. I have had a good few days then today crashed a bit and feel like I am back to start. Deep joys!!!!