PDA

View Full Version : Hello from an Aussie Looney.

Wizard
31-07-06, 13:19
Hello Folks,

I am a newbie to this site.. I am a 50 yo male from Adelaide, South Australia.

I've had Social Phobia/Anxiety/Depression for about 30 years. Didn't always know it though.

The social anxiety came out of nowhere in my late teens.

I was a confident (maybe overconfident) kid. Then I just started getting anxious.

Originally I thought it was just embarrassment, but it was more, much more than that.

Doctors couldn't help. Back then "Social Anxiety" was virtually unheard of!

I feared certain situations all my adult life. Missed out on a lot of good fun times because of my problem.

Eventually the anxiety led to depression around 5 years ago. Major clinical depression that put me in a clinic for a couple of months.

I am on Zoloft. 150mg. Whenever I go off it, I crash! It takes a couple of months, but it always happens.

I am resigned to the fact that I will always be on it.. It does work and it does make me happier and enjoy life more.

The problem is after I've been on it for a while, I tend to think I'm okay now. I'll just stop taking it. WRONG!!

So, there you have it.. This was meant to be just an introduction, but I got a bit carried away.Sorry. It's a great forum..

Good luck to all.

John. (Wizard)

tracyp584
31-07-06, 13:22
Hey John,

Welcome to the site!

Take care,

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

trac67
31-07-06, 13:25
Hi John,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

lainey
31-07-06, 13:28
Hi John

Welcome to the forum, you'll get loads of help and support here.

Take care

Elaine x

clickaway
31-07-06, 13:58
Welcome aboard, John.

Hoping that we can ease the pain for you.

Take Care,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Granny Primark
31-07-06, 14:04
Hi john,

Welcome to this site. The help and support from this site will really help you.
Just recently because of the support and encouragment ive recieved from people off this site ive been able to go out socially and the last 2 days ive even been shopping with my daughter and friend. This is something i couldnt have done 12 months ago.
I put my success down the wonderful friends ive made on here.

Im sure youl find that this site will also be a huge help to you.

Take care
LYNN

polly daydream
31-07-06, 14:42
Hi John and welcome to the forum.

Best wishes,

Polly

scoobygirl2005
31-07-06, 16:10
Hi.

A big warm welcome to the forum. I too suffer with some of the things you do, this is a great website and it will help you a lot and you will make so many new friends! [^]

Scooby2005
x x

nomorepanic
31-07-06, 18:56
Hi John

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here and hope you get some great support and advice here.

Nicola

kate
01-08-06, 07:59
Hi John,

Welcome to the forum :D

Kate

"Everybody's changing and I don't feel the same"

hayles
01-08-06, 09:35
welcome to the forum wizard

Hay x

jackie
01-08-06, 13:00
hiya wizard

hope you can help us and we help you

good to meet you

jackie

manmoor
02-08-06, 11:42
Hi John,

A big warm welcome to you. I'm an irish loony so hope we can be friends.

Take Care

Mandy
xx