PDA

View Full Version : Tired of visual disturbances

OliviaD
12-09-12, 20:08
These months have been so hard. All my visual disturbances came out like multiplied, especially one I have when I'm in the sunlight - which is getting better.

But these days the disturbance n. 1, visual snow, has gotten more intense. More visible, more "patterned", especially when I focus on it in dim light or on a white surface. The center seems to be brighter (edit - not "lighter").
I tell myself... so what? I've had VS for 20+ years, sometimes I see it like this, then it goes away. The difference is that once I just ignored it, now I'm overly stressed and everything freaks me out.
I just saw the eye doctor... no, 2 eye doctors, and also had a test. I just have to relax. Usually I can do it, but today I worked too much, ate too little, didn't go out... Silly me.

Some reassurance please?? :)

---------- Post added at 21:08 ---------- Previous post was at 20:14 ----------

Btw, 2 hours ago (when I was freaking out) I sit for a while on my right hand (I know... idiot :-P) and the little finger is still feeling a bit numb. Aaagh.

Today started fine and ended so sh1ttily. Grr.

miniholly
12-09-12, 20:09
Hiya,
I know how you feel, I'm stressing about visual disturbances too and have an appointment with my eye doctor tomorrow.
The way I try to reassure myself is that so many people on here complain of visual disturbances and it is more than likely just anxiety.
All I can say is if your eye doctor has checked you over you're fine :)
Try to go out and about too, I find if I'm on my own or sat in the house doing nothing my HA is 10x worse and the problem I'm focusing on gets 10x worse too, I can forget about my worries easier too when I'm out.
Take care xx

OliviaD
12-09-12, 20:15
I wasn't doing nothing though! I was proofreading a book. At least now I'm really advanced with my work, lol.

ElectricAlice
12-09-12, 21:45
I get constant visual snow. I reckon it's just exaggerated my HA. Nothing to worry about :)

OliviaD
12-09-12, 21:49
I know... rationally. :)

Thanks a lot, gals! Now I feel a bit calmer and the finger is... almost normal again, of course, d'oh. I'll go to bed, read a bit and try to have a good sleep.

OliviaD
17-09-12, 08:14
I've had a mostly good week-end (thanks, dear bf!), yesterday dinner at my mum's, during which I totally forgot VS for a while! But then, in bed, I noticed it again and it looked worse... typical. I concentrated on the center of it... and then had some weird dream about VS.
So this morning I'm all anxious and my sight seems worse. These days it's really hard, so many ups and downs. :(