PDA

View Full Version : Hand tremors

Anxious lu
12-09-12, 21:53
I've been anxious lately I start a new job on Saturday, Uni on Monday and move house tomorrow. For the past couple of my hands have been slightly shaky only a tiny bit but tonight my right hand seems to be shaking more than usual.

I do suffer a lot of symptoms of anxiety but wondering if anybody else does?

I had an MRI over a week ago to check for TIA if there was an underlying cause would it have erm apparent then?

ElectricAlice
12-09-12, 21:57
Anxiety causes hands to shake, when I'm really nervous my hands shake SO much! When you’re nervous, the part of your brain that regulates your anxiety interferes with the response cycle between the cortex and the basal ganglia, increasing the severity of these muscle contractions and thereby altering your ability to accurately control the position of your hand. It's therefore a completely normal reaction to anxiety, and nothing to worry about :)

Your scan would have picked anything up.

Anxious lu
12-09-12, 22:03
Wow thank you so much lol it seems like every time I accept the fact a symptom is anxiety a new one manifests itself. You have helped. :-)

ElectricAlice
12-09-12, 22:06
Ah I know the feeling. Once you've accepted something a new one seems to manifest itself. It's such a vicious cycle, one we can and will break :) Good luck, you can do it! :)