PDA

View Full Version : A new place?

swifty
13-09-12, 00:10
Hi everyone,

I've not felt like this before, but here goes. I've suffered with Anxiety for the pretty much all my life (I'm a 50 year old) Today, for the 1st time, I decided that I'm not going to worry about anything anymore, I'm feeling that I just don't care about the anything that I can't change in my life & have resigned myself to the way things are (family, work, homelife etc) this isn't negative, just maybe I'm finally accepting my reality (fate?) I feel I may have taken some pressure off myself & feel more relaxed today.

Can you relate to this? please let me know.

Thanks in advance

BobbyDog
13-09-12, 07:39
I can relate to this, I have lived with anxiety for 18 years. I had convinced myself in the same way that you have, that OK this is my life, accept it. But now I want more than this and I am taking very small steps to improve my quality of life.
I lost all my friends due to anxiety and now I am rebuilding my social circle, I am fully aware that this is going to take time and great effort on my part, but I will stay positive.
So, perhaps there are some small steps that you can take to make your life a little more pleasurable.

swifty
13-09-12, 22:38
Thanks, Bobbydog.

I like the concept of 'small steps'

Thanks again.

Richard1960
14-09-12, 00:47
Hi

Reading your post i think you have come a long way already and what you have done makes complete sense, i am around the same age as you,and in the last 5-6 months i have cut the booze completely so i am less anxious,acccepted life has its ups as well as downs,and have decided not to worry too much and let others that are paid to do it worry.

As well as doing ADAS counselling for the booze problem,i am now doing computer based CBT.

It was a case of turn my life around or head for the knackers yard in the not too distant future and i chose to turn my life around

Well done to you also for changing the way you think and being more relaxed.:)

Richard.