PDA

View Full Version : Getting around London by bus?

jayye
13-09-12, 11:32
As I am unable to travel by tube, I was hoping to brave a trip to London with my children and to try and travel around by bus. Does anyone know if this is likely to be an easy option, do they run frequently, do they get crowded? Is traffic a problem? I'm not sure I want to be on a bus that's stuck in a lot of traffic or my panic will be too bad. I can't seem to find much info on getting around by bus online, it's all about the tube.
Thanks

Annie0904
13-09-12, 11:36
You could take them on a London sightseeing tour bus which wouldn't be so busy this time of year. Other buses are regular and not too crowded off peak times but I think the sightseeing tour would be your best option x

jayye
13-09-12, 11:53
Thank you. Do you know if it's an open top bus? That gives me the extra option of jumping out if it gets too much lol!

---------- Post added at 11:53 ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 ----------

I've just looked and it seems they are open top. Now I'm off to look for a hotel with opening windows and lots of fire exits ha oh the joys of claustrophobia.

Annie0904
13-09-12, 11:54
Yes it is an open top bus so take your brolly!!!

Jamesk
13-09-12, 12:02
I like travelling around London by bus you get to see so much more.

kt79
13-09-12, 12:28
Buses are really frequent but are normally busy. The stops are really close together though so if it gets to much you can quickly get off :)

Annie0904
13-09-12, 12:32
My husband usually stays at the Novotel at Kings Cross when he is working in London

london
13-09-12, 13:54
there is bus lanes you wont get stuck in traffic not even rush hour
and get a all day bus pass it will save you loads of money
god bless

jayye
21-09-12, 11:01
Thanks.

I've been wondering about London taxis as an option, but last time I got into a taxi it automatically locked, I asked to sit in the front seperated from the others in the group who were in the back. In the front I could open the window, this was not in London by the way. Is this still the way they work? Why do we have to be trapped inside to get transported around.

Fadingrainbow
04-11-12, 18:09
Someone else who cannot use the tube.

randomforeigner
18-11-16, 05:12
Someone else who cannot use the tube.
I had a manager once who could or would not travel by tube (this was not in London though). It was very inconvenient.

I took a London sightseeing tour bus once but that was not because any particular fear of the tube, but rather in order to see some sights.