PDA

View Full Version : Mum going on holiday

sarahmj
13-09-12, 16:35
Hi everyone, just wanting some advice. Tomorrow my Mum is going on a weeks holiday and I`m already starting to get anxious about her not been here. I don`t live with her but my partner works all day and she`s like my `safe` person if that makes sense. If I`m having a bad time at home when I`m alone she comes round and helps me out. I think I`m stressing out about it as I know that I won`t be able to rely on her when I`m home alone during the day. Just wondered if anyone had any tips for me during the next week. Thanks for reading.

anxietyoverload
13-09-12, 16:54
Hi Sarah

I know how you feel. I live with my boyfriend but my mum is the person i speak to when im worried about something health related. she went on holiday for 2 weeks and i was soo worried it was unreal, but do you know what for some reason something clicked when she was gone and I was able to deal with things myself. I speak to her cause I know shes there but know I no i can cope when shes not :) You will be fine :) xx

nicola1980
13-09-12, 18:59
Hi i can totally relate to how your feeling, even tho im married with a child my mum is my safe person too and they went away on tuesday for a week :ohmy: in april they had to cancel a 2 week holiday due to how bad my panic/anxiety was but this time i was determined they would go and im just trying to keep myself busy even tho im counting the sleeps till they get back!!! can your mum phone you everyday? thats what mines been doing, infact i phoned her twice yesterday just to talk to her, im sure you'll be fine xx