PDA

View Full Version : Evening All

Welshy
13-09-12, 19:35
Good evening everyone, how are we all?

My name is Baz, i'm 28 and live in South Wales with the fiancee, two step kids and a little bugger of a 7 month old baby.

Recently been diagnosed with depression, really don't know where it came from so can't say what set me on the road to depression, what has contributed to it etc etc so it's all pretty new to me.

I'm also suffering with anxiety issues alongside the depression, not too sure if the two go hand in hand but by god they don't compliment each other well do they? With the anxiety i'm having major worries about health, in particular heart issues, but part of my brain is telling me there's no problems as I have zero cardiovascular problems or signs of problems, bar some pesky palpitations or something the doctor called them, they're supposedly nothing to worry about, anyone want to calm my mind there :roflmao:
I have an appointment through to go to the gateway to mental health thingy in my area, but that's a couple of weeks away yet. I'm on Prozac, 40mg a day, which has been raised from the starting dose of 20mg per day. Had a couple of side effects there but nothing major. I've had no suicidal thoughts at all which is a massive plus in my eyes.

Anywho enough of an introduction, I hope to get piece of mind and support from being here.

Welshy.

dazzadoo123
13-09-12, 19:41
hey there mate welcome to the forum
im sure you.ll find lots of help and information... im new myself
im from bridgend wales :-) i have anxiety -depression had it years on -off :-(
but hope you find the site helps ..:welcome:

loopylu86
13-09-12, 19:45
Hello Welshy! I'm also from S.Wales and have anxiety/panic. This is site is so good. X

nomorepanic
13-09-12, 19:46
Hi Welshy

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

dazzadoo123
13-09-12, 19:48
where.s your welsh flags on profile lol ..where in south wales you both from ?
daz.

loopylu86
13-09-12, 19:59
How do I get mine?? I'm from near Newport! You?

---------- Post added at 18:59 ---------- Previous post was at 18:56 ----------

I had picked UK for country. There isn't normally a welsh option woop! X

dazzadoo123
13-09-12, 20:00
bridgend hear :-) x

loopylu86
13-09-12, 20:04
bridgend hear :-) x
Do you find your anxiety worse in the evenings?

Welshy
13-09-12, 20:05
Welsh flag sorted. Most places don't count the UK as separate nations :D

Anywho i'm up in Pontypool.

loopylu86
13-09-12, 20:11
Not too far then lads! How are we feeling tonight? I've had not so much anxious but really down in the dumps today! My housemate is out for the night so am alone and feel quite uneasy. Not that I mind being alone but just a sense of....dread really. Not sure why. Anyone get this?

Welshy
13-09-12, 20:15
Bit meh tonight to be honest, i'm shattered and feeling that flopping palpitation type feeling more, so i'm guessing it can be down to tiredness too?

dazzadoo123
13-09-12, 20:28
i dont like being on my own in house to be honest makes me feel more anxious like ...ive been having bad depression aswell for months all been a bit of a nightmare to be honest ..ive had anxiety on -off 25 years .. i been rough this time round since dec 2011 :-( x

---------- Post added at 20:25 ---------- Previous post was at 20:22 ----------

you get palpatations from anxiety ..its usualy just a relise of adrenlin in the body ..can be frightening like ..but if you get it all time and it starts freaking you out you can ask gp for beta blockers to calm it down if it to freqent like ..

---------- Post added at 20:28 ---------- Previous post was at 20:25 ----------

do any of you use f-book ? as im on there dazza doo picrure of amsterdam feel free to add me up if you ever wanna chat im on there alot like in evenigs :)

Gwentmal
14-09-12, 17:40
Hi fellow Welsh people! I was looking for any local people nr Newport and I discover this thread. If you feel a get together would help we could set one up in the forum for meet ups otherwise welcome - you are not alone. I struggle with anxiety/panic on a daily basis but are am working which I find actually helps (routine etc).