PDA

View Full Version : Today's the day and I'm scared

Shadowwin
31-07-06, 18:07
Well today's the day I increase my Effexor from 75 mg to 150 mg.. which well is just plain old scary. I've been on 75 mg for a year now I know what to expect from it.. and now I feel like I'm facing the unknown. To make matters worse the pills are like double the size of my 75's! and since they've started packaging them in their own little bottles instead of taking them from one big bottle (i have that anxiety as well) it's like a triple whamy for me.. I've been panicking so bad this morning I feel like my insides are shaking =(

I wish I was like a normal person.. get a perscription swallow the pill go on with your day.. blah..

~Trina

brenda
31-07-06, 18:18
couldnt you still have the 75s and take 2 if that would help you.
Explain to your doc and see if he will do that for you

Hugs
Pam

jodie
31-07-06, 18:55
hi trina

i know how you feel its hard to take anything when you are panicky if you have been taking it for a year then the increase may not cause you a problem why dont you just try and remember you can stop if you feel ill a change is always hard but you will be fine im sure
good luck

jo x

Shadowwin
31-07-06, 22:50
Well I took it.. and it reminds me of when I increased from 37.5 to 75 last year lol.. I feel downright silly.. lol.. almost like when you have a couple of drinks that buzzy silly feeling. other than that so far so good.. kinda tired but lol with FMS/CFS too I'm always tired anyways..

Thanks for the well wishes those who replied it really helped
~Trina

tammyg
01-08-06, 10:17
Hi Trina,

Glad to hear you have got on ok-ish with them. Like you say, often the fear of the unknown is the worst part.

Give yourself time to get used to them again and you will be fine.

Tammy x