PDA

View Full Version : New job - help!

TheGoldenTomato
13-09-12, 22:27
Well I'm partly happy because I've just passed an interview to be a personal assistant to a doctor in the city. Thing is, it's going to be somewhere extremely busy and prestigious. I'm going for training on Saturday - scared of messing up due to my anxiety. Right now I'm dizzy and tingly and struggling to sleep. Often I find myself just wanting to cry. Have had to take a bit of diazepam (4mg).
Honestly, it's like an all day panic attack! I don't want to mess this up. :weep:

I'm truthfully really happy about getting the job and I DID want it because I think I'm capable, but now I'm just a ball of nerves. Have had depression in the past - I don't want this to trigger it. Advice?

x

PanchoGoz
13-09-12, 22:30
Starting a new job is always better than you think it will be. THe first few days you will be so distracted by the excitement and new responsibilites of your new job, anxiety is the last thing on your mind. And remember that, anxiety is just another thing on your mind that can be pushed around with all your other thoughts and priorities. You will be buzzing with excitement and concentrating all your nervous energy on doing the best you can - no room for anxiety there! Enjoy yourself and show what you're made of.