PDA

View Full Version : Really scared

GunMetal
14-09-12, 00:16
Hi guys I'm really panicking at the moment and can't seem to reduce it, if anything its getting worse. I'm scared somethings happening to me at the moment. Am laid in bed and feel breathless, shaky and incredibly confused. I can't seem to be sure where I am Or that my surroundings are real. Am so
Scared I'm going crazy!!!

Richard1960
14-09-12, 00:29
Hi

Its not easy but just try and tealx and breathe slowly sometimes it helps to cup your hand over your mouth and breathe in a technique i was shown in relaxation classes ages ago.

Although you are panicking now it will pass and you will feel ok again,it would also help if you can focus on something else ie listen to the radio or tv to take your mind off things and realx.:)

Richard.

GunMetal
14-09-12, 00:42
Richard, thankyou for your quick reply. I am trying to take deep breaths and relax. Feel it has eased slightly. I think I may have dosed off earlier without realising and that's made me disorientated. Am feeling very drowsy at the moment but too panicked to sleep.

Richard1960
14-09-12, 00:51
Richard, thankyou for your quick reply. I am trying to take deep breaths and relax. Feel it has eased slightly. I think I may have dosed off earlier without realising and that's made me disorientated. Am feeling very drowsy at the moment but too panicked to sleep.

Your welcome.:)

Just keep doing the breathing and try to distract your mind with something else when you are not so worried your body will calm down quickly,and you will feel more relaxed GunMetal.

Although its frightening when you are going through it,it cannot harm you just make you feel a bit disorientated for a while.

Richard.

sugaplum01
15-09-12, 21:11
I totally feel for you! I too have been experiencing the same! So scary but there is so much support on here! I know it is hard to except that it's anxiety and panic as it is so scary. I too feel like I don't know where I am or real or what's going on! Keep strong your not alone xx