PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone and thanks for having me

gracie
31-07-06, 20:18
Hi there
My name is Gracie and thanks to Polly for leading me to introduce myself. I am the queen of worriers, the pain in the bum hypochondriac who drives my poor 'other half' nuts!!!. I have a phobia called tocophobia- which means the fear of pregnancy and childbirth, considering my occupation i.e a midwife[Sigh...], it seems the most irrational thought for me!!!.
As well as the above I have the usual suspects of thinking every ache and pain is something serious, of checking my pulse constantly, and oh what else,em I am scared of flying, get claustrophobic-you name it I get it lol. If I watch something on t.v and a person has a certain phobia then I start to get their symptoms!!!
My GP puts everything down to my very stressful job but I have had this for years. Anyway enough of my ramblings , I stumbled across this site and especially the tocophobia thread and found that I'm not the only one who feels this way, which in itself is a great comfort.....
So I wish you all well and hope to have some interesting chats soon.
best wishes
gracie

clickaway
31-07-06, 20:20
Welcome aboard, Gracie.

So good to see you here.

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

trac67
31-07-06, 20:37
Hi Gracie,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

nomorepanic
31-07-06, 21:09
Hi Gracie

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here. Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

polly daydream
31-07-06, 23:13
Hi Gracie, glad you have finally introduced yourself properly, you will meet some great people on here, we are all a great team I think.

P.S glad you didn't mind me PM you about introduction, your post would have been lost.

Take care,

Polly

nicjay
31-07-06, 23:16
Hi Gracie

Welcome to the forum, you will find a lot of help here.

Nicola
xxx

Eclipse
01-08-06, 01:41
Hi Gracie

Welcome to the forum & nice to meet you

:D[^]:D

Magz
xx

kate
01-08-06, 07:56
Hi Gracie.