PDA

View Full Version : My afternoon

OliviaD
14-09-12, 19:16
Well, it's only a small step, but I feel proud.

These days I get anxious very easily. Yesterday was good, but this morning I felt bad... so cold inside and frail.
I could have stayed home this afternoon OR hand out a book I was proofreading (instead of going on Monday morning, which was the deadline). I had to go to Milan (I live in a town 40 kms from there) and also stay half an hour at the publisher in order to do one more thing with the proof. I decided I'd do it. I mailed the editor, said I was coming. At 3 pm, with a lovely sun shining, I drove to the station, even if I was paranoid about my eye problems in the sunlight (psychosomatic, of course). Took the train. Arrived at the office, sat at a desk doing my work while feeling terrible inside ("fight or flight" at its best!)... But you know, who cares. "You can do things even when you feel anxious", books say. Exactly. I think I was red in the neck area... thankfully the office was quite hot itself, so that could be it. :blush: Of course I was relieved when I was done, I felt strong - I got milk with decaf at the bar, took the train back, car again. No problems with my eyes by the way!
I'm still a bit nervous but I'm getting better. A friend wants to come and see a movie with me and bf after dinner and I said ok.
Gotta do things, live more, feel good! :)

Annie0904
14-09-12, 19:24
Great news Olivia well done:yahoo:

OliviaD
14-09-12, 19:24
Btw, I took some valerian as usual. I'm conflicted about asking my doctor for benzos but if I can do without them, all the better.