PDA

View Full Version : please help me!

hannah26
14-09-12, 20:57
Hello,
Ok so on wednesday I started taking propranolol, for two days it was 40mg now its 80mg!
I feel terrible, shaky, scared, rubber band feeling around my head, tingly, feel like I'm gonna collapse!,
weak hands and arms , sick, can't breathe!! Thought I was supposed to feel better, I feel terrible. I'm at home with my little sister and I don't want to scare her!! Please help is this normal!!!!

lauz_lea
14-09-12, 22:28
I never had any of those side effects with propanolol. Do you have asthma or anything like that?

owainm
16-09-12, 20:54
Hi there I take propananol for anxiety it is the only medication I have found which helps me. 4 years ago I had a massive panic anxiety relapse at the time I had not been taking propananol for 2 years my doc put me on the 80mg slow release capsules.

I suffered similar side effects to those you have described for a few weeks until I had time to adjust to the new dose. Once I was over the initial side effects It was fine. I have been on them for 4 years now and dont plan on coming off anytime soon.

I did not suffer any breathing problems and as propananol can affect those with asthma if you are asthmatic then deff go back and see you doc. If you are anything like me and are scared taking any new medication then it is likely that your anxiety will increase when taking a new med as you will be looking for any unusual feelings, does that make sense?

Propananol has really worked for me they tried me on valium first and it was no good. I was on 50mg per day which is a massive dose of valium and it did nothing for me just made me feel drugged and anxious at the same time. It can be rough for the initial starting period but once over that it becomes very tolerable (at least it did for me)

Hope this can help put your mind at ease

Anxious_gal
17-09-12, 00:15
Tell your doctor, you might just be on too high a dose or it's not agreeing with you.
Or it could just be making your anxiety worse, causing the symptoms.
But better to be safe and see your doctor