PDA

View Full Version : Hi new girl!

Mateyface
31-07-06, 22:40
Hi everyone

I am a 35 year new mum to a beautiful (I would say that wouldn't I?) four month old little girl. I have suffered with panic attacks due to social phobia back to my teen days, in my teens I was already labelled by family as the extremely shy one who would be too terrified to join in with the crowd.

I also developed a choking phobia in my twenties.

Since becoming a Mum I really feel I don't want my issues to impact on my little girl, as I have found them to be so debilitating, I am already avoiding going out with my daughter, I only get out of the house every two weeks to take her to the Health Clinic, so know I have to do something soon, as my husband is also worried she will develop the same anxiety based patterns of behaviour.

So I am hoping this is the first positive step in doing something about it.

Take care all.
S :)

Sans

clickaway
31-07-06, 22:43
Welcome Aboard, Sans.

I'm sure you'll get plenty of support here to help you on your way.

Take Care,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

nicjay
31-07-06, 23:12
Hi Sandra

Welcome to the forum, you will find a lot of help here.

Nicola
xxx

polly daydream
31-07-06, 23:17
Hi Sans and welcome to the forum.

Best wishes,

Polly

lory
01-08-06, 00:59
hey babe im new to and i feel a lot better since joining a few days ago
best wishes loraine xx

Eclipse
01-08-06, 01:07
Welcome to the forum :D

I can understand your concerns as I was awful when my son was little. Other mums used to proudly stride down the road with their babies and meet with other mums whilst it seemed all I could do was watch from behind the curtain, only going out if I had to or if someone I knew came to see us. I used to sob my heart out at the thought of him sufferring socially or missing out on things other kids did as a result of my anxieties.
He's just turned 21 though and is more popular & confident than I could ever have imagined and I'm really proud of him. He's also more aware of why I wasn't a 'mixing mum' when he was younger and, even now, checks I'm ok about going somewhere or doing something whenever he comes to stay.
Maybe I was just lucky with the way he turned out but I think kids are a lot more perceptive than even they realise.
Best wishes
Magz
XX

kate
01-08-06, 07:56
Hi Sans,

Welcome to the forum :D

Kate

"Everybody's changing and I don't feel the same"

trac67
01-08-06, 08:30
Hi Sans,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

hayles
01-08-06, 09:34
welcome aboard

Hay x

susie
01-08-06, 10:43
its not easy i know ive been there but you will get support and advice here dont forget your not alone a warm welcome to you sue

Mateyface
01-08-06, 12:42
Hello again!

Just wanted to say thank you for making me feel so welcome.

Big hugs
S xxx :)

Sans

lainey
01-08-06, 12:47
Hi Sans

Welcome to the forum

Take care

Elaine x