PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety chest pains

electrical_stormgirl
15-09-12, 12:43
Well, that was a fun week! I've had really bad chest pains for three days and had to go to hospital for an ECG and blood tests. I even passed out having my blood taken which has never happened before!! I was worried as the pain was exactly where my heart is but luckily all heart tests came back OK and the Dr thinks it's just down to stress/ anxiety (which made me feel a bit silly :unsure:)

Anyway, just wanted to share to reassure anyone else getting such pains that chances are it is just anxiety and nothing more serious (even if it feels like a heart attack!). Having said that you should always get it checked out obviously to be on the safe side but this may put your mind at rest a bit :)

Annie0904
15-09-12, 12:54
I had a panic attack when I went to the hospital for an xray on my foot and I also fainted so they whisked me down to A&E to do ECG and blood tests and all the time I was saying "I'm ok, its just my anxiety" but they still did the tests and just as I knew they would, they all came back clear :)

dazzadoo123
15-09-12, 14:26
i been having chest pains for months been to a+e loads times..
i gotta admit chest pain is scary but most of the time its anxiety related
but if other symptons present aswell get it checked out always ...
better safe than sorry ...
daz,,,

Annie0904
15-09-12, 14:32
I have a blood pressure monitor and if I get chest pains I check my BP then I know if it is normal it is just my anxiety. Lucky I have it...my husband woke one night with a pain in his shoulder, I told him it would probably be wind but being anxious I checked his BP and it was sky high so I called an ambulance, he had a heart attack but is fully recovered and back at work now. :)

electrical_stormgirl
15-09-12, 15:48
It is really scary isn't it? I felt a bit silly but you just never know, it's good to get checked out. Annie your BP monitor sounds like a good idea, especially as it may have saved your husband's life. Glad he's ok now.

Annie0904
15-09-12, 15:50
I think it did save his life...I would have just given him windeze if I hadn't checked his BP! It reassures me when I am panicking with chest pains and calms me down quicker.

dazzadoo123
15-09-12, 19:43
dont mean to be critical
but you can have a heart attack with normal blood pressure,
or low blood pressure ,
just on some heart attacks your bp goes sky high....
daz..