PDA

View Full Version : So worried about legs

Anxious lu
15-09-12, 14:50
Does anybody else get this?

Sometimes when I walk down stairs I get a slight tremble not everytime but today at work I have been standing for a few hours. I walked up and then down like 4 flights of stairs and when I stopped my legs began to tremble when standing.

I have only eaten a banana today so wonder if it's blood sugar, fatigue or anxiety. Of course there are now worries about ms or neiroglogical diseases???

I have had an MRI scan nearly two weeks ago but that was to check for a TIA..

Does anybody else get this???

ElectricAlice
15-09-12, 15:07
Weak legs

What you feel:

Your legs feel so weak that you think they won't be able to support you. In some cases you might feel you won't be able to walk. Sometimes your legs may feel like jelly or rubber, or that you have to force yourself to walk. You may even feel as though your legs or knees are too stiff to move.
What causes this:

When people feel nervous, often they will feel 'weak in the knees', which means jelly legs or weak legs. This is a very common symptom of stress biology and most people who are placed in stressful situations will experience this. However, the degree of which is dependent upon the amount of stress biology. The higher your stress biology, the more your legs will feel weak.
Physically, your legs are fine. You may just feel weak. Sometimes people become played out by this condition because it taxes all of their strength, leaving them feeling weak. Through rest, this symptom will subside. Also, regular exercise helps to keep muscles and body tone in shape which helps to eliminate this symptom.
As with all symptoms, when the nervous system gets sufficient rest, this symptom will diminish and eventually subside.

Magic
15-09-12, 15:34
ElecricAlice
What a good respose .I have a feeling of strength leaving my legs when shopping, did wonder about about stress. I have trouble with my back and i wondered if
it was connected with that, anyway i have a review about my meds next week
with GP. I will see what the outcome is. As I feel I am over the top with stress
and have been for a few weeks
Take care