PDA

View Full Version : Stressed out

Pramod
15-09-12, 14:57
Hi everybody

Im 23 years old and my anxiety started happening around 2 months back. I had severe fatigue, frequent urination, headaches, muscle twicthes, constant worrying about work ( which was stressing me out a lot btw), shortness of breath, metallic taste in mouth, unreasoned thinking, i was shunting out my loved ones, giving people a hard time.

Most of all I was loosing focus, performing poorly . I wasnt able to switch off or disconnect from my work which was the core reason for my anxiety. I couldn't drive at all because I was worried I would hit someone. I went to 5 doctors and all my tests(CT, blood tests, urine tests) everything turned out negative.

I was like wtf could be wrong with me, not realising my problem was anxiety and depression. Then after a month of suffering I was advised to go to an endocrinologist and after several bloody tests again the results turned negative.

He then diagnosed me with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and gave me an antidepressant. The antidepressant did its magic and helped me in a very big way. But after stumbling upon this site, I realised that I did not have CFS but Anxiety and depression. I was amazed to know that my problem was more of a imbalance of my senses and not a physical problem as I was having a lot of physical symptoms.

I still have the lightheadedness, panic attacks, anxiety all these turning to the nasty symptoms of physical problems. When I excersice I feel great, when I turn lazy I feel like shit. I started to breathe in the morning, it helped a lot as well.

I have been going through a lot of personal problems and professional ones, but I realised that I have not handled them in a cool way.

I would like to be a part of this community and discuss any and all means to completely lead an anxiety free and stress free life. Im open to any and all advices as I now thoroughly understand what it feels like to have anxiety all the time.

Cheers
P

ReissG
15-09-12, 15:04
Hi I'm new here aswell, joined just a few minutes ago :)

I just want to say firstly, anxiety can never rob you of your life physically, as you know it's all in your mind. I spent months on end telling myself that my life was over, this is how I would feel forever. I got help and slowly am starting to get back on track. I understand as much as any anxiety sufferer you cannot simply forget about anxiety or ask it to leave you alone and come back later, it just isn't an option.
What I find helps me when I'm very anxious, is writing everything down on paper or on your laptop whatever and write next to every thought what's causing this and how can it be fixed. It's no good trying to resolve issues in your head when you're anxious because you either can't concentrate on one thing or you will always think worst scenario.

I thought I'd give a little advice haha :P
Nice to meet you and hope to speak soon :)

nomorepanic
15-09-12, 15:07
Hi Pramod

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Pramod
15-09-12, 15:34
hey reiss

Nice to meet u to.Firstly thanks a lot for your reply. Its nice to have a feedback from someone who feels the same. Some days I just get taxed out and I have a lot of good friends giving me great advice, but even then I feel that I am under a lot of pressure and those people dont know what they are talking about and they are not feeling what I am feeling.

Today I am under a medicine known as trypinzol which is anti depressant my Endo doc. told me that I should continue for 3 months and since it is a mild drug I dont have a problem to. But I always feel light headed, even now. I have read a lot of articles and great advices from members here but I really want to get rid of this feeling. I just feel like its in control of me. I love riding bikes but I am scared of falling and this has happened only recently. I used to ride like a maniac on the highways of India, now I feel anxious when I even sit on one.

I also love smoking and drinking and the days that I get drunk I am completely screwed the following day. Now I smoke about a couple of cigs a day and I drink atleast twice a week.

I hope Im not boring you with my crap, but do you think I should see a shrink. If you dont mind me asking, A/S/L?

P

ReissG
15-09-12, 16:00
I started smoking as a result of my anxiety, because I heavily self harmed and smoking managed to over take that habit, I know smoking isn't very good for you either, but it won't be a forever habit and I know as soon as I get a little in control of my anxiety etc I'll stop.

If you feel that you're drinking to numb your thoughts and feel free from anxiety, then yes, that is something you MUST tell a psychiatrist, alcohol and smoking are not good substitutes for medication or medical help, so the sooner you can speak to someone, the sooner they can find something to help replace the smoking and drinking :)

terror-x
15-09-12, 22:34
Welcome to the forum

Pramod
17-09-12, 14:01
Dear Reiss

Thanks for the reply. Will keep in mind.

cheers