PDA

View Full Version : Online doctors ,presciptions ,,Legit anyone?

looking4answers
01-08-06, 12:06
I have been on two different meds for the last few years and need refils for one or both...I just relocated 1200 miles from my doctor that I found comfortable enough with that I didn't have major panic attacks while waiting..Well not within reason ones anyway..I cannot get refils for my meds because he has to see me..I cannot go 1200 miles to see him..and well im in a new place and the the thought of going through a new doctor gives me a panic attack...I go there trying to relax..they don't know me ,I don't know them..As I sit there waiting I become so anxious that my bp spikes high enough to make the nurse taking my readings to think I could have a stroke any minute which makes it even worse looking at her face..then I wait another 30 minutes or so and the doctor comes in wanting to know the problem..He is quite sure by this time that there is something terrible wrong and keeps taking my bp until it goes down to where he knows I won't die while there...This makes me even more panicky.. Please tell me asap ...is there anyone online...anyone that is legit and I can get there consultation via call and presciption...? I would give anything not to be dependant on medicines ...but one of mine says .. don't stop abruptly and the other is said to be addictive..not that it really is enough to be addictive to..but you never know..I hate being this anxious and will try to conquer it all..over time..but in the meantime if you have the answers about the online doctors please be a saint and let me know..thank you in advance..

Southern_Belle
01-08-06, 13:33
Hi Looking,

I have never personally ordered any meds online. You might call your former doctor and see if he can refill your old meds until you can feel comfortable with your new doctor though. I think this might be cheaper and safer than surfiing the internet. I would keep trying to go to this new doctor as you will eventually need to find one at some point or if this one isn't working for you try to find another one that reminds you of your former one. Hope this helps.

Bel

"Our thoughts are our reality"

ann540
06-12-06, 17:34
hi, felt quite sorry for you I went through a stage like that years ago, I was having panic attacks and I was trying to convince the doctor there was something physical wrong with me, I think he thoght I was mad that I ended up fearing the doctor but still felt worried about my health, I know your problem isnt the same but I know the anxiety you are feeling, I now dont give a **** what he/she thinks of me cos their there to help us thats their job. I think what you are suffering is white coat syndrome where your blood pressure shoots up when faced with the fear of doctors, the best thing is to not run away from your fear face up to it learn relaxation techniques such as slow deep breathing e.t.c you can buy books on it, its always better to see a doctor face to face cos they can assess your health visualey as well. remember as well its a very common fear world wide so your not alone. good luck

Nel
06-12-06, 17:48
Can the new doctor not visit you at home? Or even one of the nurses who can then report back to the doctor (who can write a prescription)? If you explain how much of an ordeal it is for you to make it to the clinic they may well be sympathetic and do this for you.
Many of these online pharmacies take your order, take your cash and you don't get sent any meds. It's too risky IMO, you have no idea what the meds are - in the event you actually receive them. Hope you get this sorted hon.

Nel xxx