PDA

View Full Version : Hi i'm new. my story.

scaredykat9
16-09-12, 06:17
Hi there. Ive been reading quite a lot on this site & thought yes its time 2 join. In the past i have suffered from depression & ocd w/limited success from both meds & therapy. But honestly my biggest prob. now is anxiety. Severe anxiety worst in the mornings & leading 2 panic attacks. Palpitations like im having a heart attack &breathing difficulties which i cant fix w/breathing techniques. All this stops if i give up on my plans for the day & dont try 2 leave the house. Have i developed agoraphobia? Giving in 2 the panic leads 2 utter disgust w/myself because i miss appts, have overdue bills & sometimes i think im going 2 starve 2 death cause i run out of food. When i finally get out of the house i always feel better like a huge weight is lifted off me and i enjoy contact w/other people so i dont have GAD or social phobia. Its like im sinking & cant get out. After 2 weeks i finally got to the dr. He didnt seem 2 really care or get how out of control i am becoming. He renewed my meds : escitalopram 20mg (wouldnt up the dose even though i asked) & temazepam 10mg which i only take when i really have to for sleep. He said some othet time he might get me on mental health plan...its so hard 4 me to keep it together long enuf to get ready and leave the house that sometimes when i am out and feel so much better i stay out for 24hrs til exhaustion just 2 avoid going home & getting stuck again. Writing this makes me feel like a shaky weirdo & an idiot, but its all going 2 happen again tomorrow. Its not a bad day. It happens every day and thats why im so desperate. I dont have any family anymore, i live alone &

nomorepanic
16-09-12, 06:29
Hi scaredykat9

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

kevin1987
16-09-12, 10:03
hi scaredykat9, i also suffer with it bad in the mornings and i have developed Agoraphobia to which i am ashamed as i used to be hard to keep in the house now i have not left in 3 months, i dont know if aus have a panic/ anxiety helpline but if they do phoning them cannot hurt they may even be able to teach you some exercises that you have not yet tried. im sorry that i cannot help more