PDA

View Full Version : left arm pain

gordie1
17-09-12, 00:45
Hi there I have just woken up from a deep sleep with this terrible pain in my left arm from my wrist upwards it is ls slightly soree when I move it about the elbow but it seems to come and go I am not feeling sick or cold or clammy and it does not feel weak. I am wondering if I could have been lying on it the wrong way my neck is slightly sore I have taken 2 paracetemol I keep thinking of heart attack that means left arm pain but are there other reasons? Feeling anxious

nomorepanic
17-09-12, 00:51
I get this every night - numb arm.

They thought mine was carpal tunnel syndrome but now they are not sure. I think it is my back.

I am sure yours is harmless too.

nomorepanic
17-09-12, 00:52
Oh and by the way - the pain in arm with regard to heart attack is only if you have chest pain as well and it doesn't have to be the left arm either.

gordie1
17-09-12, 01:02
thanks that is reassuring

---------- Post added at 00:02 ---------- Previous post was at 00:01 ----------

I have been on the computer a lot today and I have just realised I lean my left arm on a wooden chair top and it is slightly sore to move it I think I am going to be OK. Everything seems worse at night

nomorepanic
17-09-12, 01:05
Yes that will do it too.

Try and rationalise these things each time and you will usually find a reason for the aches and pains.

gordie1
17-09-12, 01:15
yes thanks I am getting better previously by now I would have been in a taxi up to a&e but I am working through it it always seems bad at this time of night do you suffer from ha yourself

nomorepanic
17-09-12, 18:00
No I don't and I should do with all the illnesses I have lol.

I just accept that I have health problems and get on with living I guess.