PDA

View Full Version : Purple Marks on Skin

DreamsInSpace2
17-09-12, 09:58
I have attached an image of purple marks on my skin I noticed when I woke up before, I have had something similar before but that was from scratching my skin, this time I have done nothing to it, and haven't scratched skin in weeks. I don't remember bumping it nothing, and I am worrying over it a lot. Even more so that my doctors have rubbish times and close around 11am (so I wouldnt even get an appt now and found it hard to last week) and I am home alone, can't drive so yeah i am panicking. I know you guys aren't allowed to diagnose but I am just asking if anyone has seen something similar before or had it themselves? I am really worrying and can't stop worrying!! :-(

I hope it is nothing.

And please don't say anything much that could scare me more!! :(

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/?ui=2&ik=b4ebe3ba39&view=att&th=139d3595e2813732&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=f_h77bc6kl0&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P9homWQG_S70Jgu9-f5h3GY&sadet=1347870642638&sads=9OdhAftP8hLibGTSl4MPlzrk3mU&sadssc=1

justina
17-09-12, 10:14
Sorry but I can't see your image, is it just me?

Purple signs on the skin sound like petechiae...and if it's just once or twice it really means nothing! If it happens more often your platelets could be low, this can happen a few weeks after you had an infection...

sophieunderscore
17-09-12, 11:16
You could be scratching in your sleep, I can't see the picture but I've woken up with purpley marks where I must have been scratching in my sleep (and even woken up with a massive cut down my face where I must have caught my nail).

DreamsInSpace2
17-09-12, 21:41
Thank you for your replies. The marks still there I've noticed similar marks after scratching my skin so I am not sure maybe I am scratching it without noticing I am really not sure. I hope it's nothing.. sorry the picture didn't show up!!

I will attach it.. see if you can see it then!xx

sophieunderscore
17-09-12, 22:06
Yeah that looks like scratching - the skin on your inner arm is quite thin so you get little spots easily

JMR
18-09-12, 10:14
I've had this too after scratching. Your skin looks very similiar to mine...are you very pale, freckly where every tiny blemish shows? Oh and do you have very dermographic skin? I can 'write' on my mine with the very lightest of strokes, then it comes up in wheals.
I am worried about petechiae on my legs (calves) at the moment which have appeared after I was caught out walking in the sunshine two weeks ago and badly burned my legs. Hoping that this is the cause, though they don't look like the scratching marks...these are bright red pin prick spots which don't blanch when I press. But once health anxiety takes hold....well we all know how it cripples us don't we?
Take care :)