PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram I just don't understand

Ashleybyrd37
17-09-12, 18:04
I was taking 10mg for 14 days, I switched to 20mg I have taken it threw times. This morning I woke up instantly almost blacking out, really dizzy and having bad thoughts...I did not feel like myself at all...I felt spaced, confused and not all the way here. I have an appetite change, dirrhea, nausea, throwing up, insanly tired, dizziness, worse nervousness andanxiety, everything. It has gotten to the point where I hate my life...I feel misserable 24/7...I am just so tired and also having fatigue. Please, if anyone can tell me what to do and advice or can text and chat please help.

little scientist
18-09-12, 15:08
citalopram can take time to show its beneficial effects, I think getting on for 3 weeks is suggested. I too have felt like a zombie but into my 3rd week am really starting to see some good effects now.

but your symptoms do sound quite bad, so it could be worth returning to your doctor to see if citalopram is really the right medication for you. Different antidepressants suit different people :)

morning_blues
18-09-12, 19:35
Hiya,
Upping the cit dose can feel pretty rough but it is worth sticking it out a little longer - perhaps your doctor can give you something just to tide you over the next few days? Quite often they'll give you diazepam to help - wish I had asked for it as the first 10 days on 20mg were very hard. The worst thing was the sickness and loss of appetite. It really did start to get better quite quickly though so don't keep ploughing on it it's really bad.
Good luck and hang in there.:hugs:

ruby1
18-09-12, 22:08
i dont like citalopram made me have insomnia and dizzy. if its not working try a new one