PDA

View Full Version : floaters floaters and even more floaters

Nea
17-09-12, 18:13
Hey everyone, Im new here! :)

Well as the topic states i am worried sick about my eye floaters. Ive already seen too eye doctors and everything should be ok!

It all started about 2 months ago when i ended up in hospital because of kidney stones. After i got out of hospital i started being super anxious. I started checking out my vision constantly. Then i started experiencing blurry vision and visual snow...BUT now for the past 2 weeks I've been seeing so many floaters in both eyes. Today i freaked out when i saw a floaters floating in front of my friends face (really hard to explain hah!). I've tried to ignore them but it is impossible.

I just simply can not understand how anxiety can make me notice floaters which i never ever have noticed before and Im only 23 years old..

Can anxiety really cause this? Have you had floaters? :( Please helppp!! i need support! Thanks!!

katielou80
17-09-12, 18:31
i have loads of floaters, some days worse than others. my mum does too. loads of people do. i REALLY WOULDNT WORRY!! xx

DylanR
17-09-12, 18:31
I have them all the time , only started noticing them when i became anxious about my health. They are a lot more defined in the sun and when my anxiety dies down so do they. So im Sure if u have had you're eyes tested , You'll Be FINE!!! :D

AnotherNewYear
17-09-12, 18:38
Hi Nea

It sounds like you may have health Anxiety and as such we pick up on anything we suddenly realize about our bodies - from floaters, to pains, to spots in the mouth & funny heart beats. All these feeling in our bodies are perfectly normal* and most people with out anxiety will get them and take no notice of them - where as we get obsessed and over analysis even the smallest thing.

You have done the sensible thing and had these floaters checked out and have had it confirmed that they are nothing to worry about - you have to trust in the advice given to you - them more you think about them the more you will notice them. I do have floaters (and have had them for years) so do understand what you are describing.

Have you have any CBT to help with your feelings/thoughts?

*always best to seek a medical opinion for any concerns you may have

Nea
17-09-12, 18:49
Thank you for responding and making me feel calm:). xx
It's just really hard to believe what anxiety can do to you.

AnotherNewYear I totally agree with you that i should trust the advice that has been given to me. It just apparently takes time.

I started to take meds for anxiety last week and on Wednesday im meeting my psychiatrist again and we'll decide how to move forward..

Thanks guyss!!!

Pipkin
17-09-12, 18:58
Hi there,

I agree with the other posters. I've had them for years and have just got used to them. At first, I thought it was some awful eye infection but the optician put my mind at ease and now I just ignore them. I know it's not easy but you'll have to try as they don't go away, I'm afraid.

Pip

Welshy
17-09-12, 19:38
I've has these for years too. It's annoying when you're looking at bright backgrounds as they become more prominent. From memory my optician said they were something to do with the gel type thing behind your eyes starting to dry out. Really nothing to worry about.