PDA

View Full Version : Feel like it's the end of the road... :(

DylanR
17-09-12, 19:42
I have really just had enough now , these headaches are slowly getting worse , my vision is all over the place and im dizzy nearly all the time. Nothing else fits the description of these headaches other that Brain Tumours. I can't even go to the doctors because my Mum won't believe me as i suffer HA. I'm just waiting everyday to have a seizure or collapse and be taking into hospital for them to find the Tumour. I feel Helpless and Lonely... I have no hope left , i really feel i'm coming to the end of my life :(

Em.ma
17-09-12, 19:49
know how you feel
your not alone everyone here understands what its like
:)

DylanR
17-09-12, 20:03
This is so much worse because before my symptoms matched up to lots of things but now it's just one . It's now become a certainty for me

---------- Post added at 20:03 ---------- Previous post was at 19:56 ----------

Worse because i feel like this is killing me and no-one is doing or letting me do anything about it :S

loopylu86
17-09-12, 20:07
How old are you? You say your mum won't let you go? just go if you are that worried. The peace of mind will do you good. Can you give a bit more about the headaches? I get headaches all the time too. When I was young I had very severe headaches. I think they were growing ones lol.

You are not at the end of the road!!!

DylanR
17-09-12, 20:09
Im 15 , I can't really just go. The headaches started about a month ago but they are now more frequent than ever. The pain is localized to the front of my , My head hurts when i cough , sneeze or move my head . I have no-blocked nose and feel dizzy all the time. I have almost no symptoms of Sinus problems

loopylu86
17-09-12, 20:13
There are many types of headaches and they are common with your age. Sounds like a tensoin headache. I hate them. When you cough and it's ridiculously painful. I have to push down on my head to cough when i have them. Can you talk to the school nurse? I don't for a scond think you have a serious reason to but for your own peace of mind. Can you calmly explain to your mum that you really would like to speak to the doc just for peace of mind? Headaches are so common and stress by worrying about them can make them even worse.

fozzy is crying
Lot of us are in the same boat. Some are much worse off. As to the headaches they could be down to anxiety with raised blood pressure. I have very similar problems and my Doctor at least keeps it under control for me.

Just go and see your Doctor. You do not need to ask permission or tell anyone to do that.

Sahha

Gordon

loopylu86
Headaches that are localised are normal too!

DylanR
17-09-12, 20:15
Tension headaches aren't effected by movement though ? We dont have a school nurse , only a counsellor

loopylu86
17-09-12, 20:28
Headache from any cause can be worsened by coughing or straining. I always get headaches that are worse when I move about. I think this is common.

Welshy
17-09-12, 20:31
Tension headaches, migraines, cluster migraines, can all make you feel dizzy. Heck my other half had vertigo induced by migraines, sort the migraine, the vertigo goes.

Would be best to go to the doctor to get the once over as they can prescribe stronger painkillers to help your headaches.

Worried-jen
17-09-12, 20:34
Hey, try and keep calm, have you been taking pain killers at all, or theres a thing you can get to rub across your forehead and i think thats what it might be called ( 4head) my sister got terrible headaches when she was younger and they would last for days, she went to docs but they were never worried said it prob just hormones, i had been getting a strange head ache recently and when i stood up blood kept rushing to my head and also when i got up in the morning, just keep telling my self it must be my sinuses, i sufffer bad anxiety about my health so i know how you feel,
Speak to your mum about going to docs to put your mind at ease, all will be fine take some painkillers and lie down in a cool dark room, listen to some music, you will be fine :) x

DylanR
17-09-12, 20:36
I cant go to the doctors though , thats what is stressing me out. It feels as if something is killing me and i'm not getting treatment due to the ignorance of others. I really feel hopeless

---------- Post added at 20:36 ---------- Previous post was at 20:34 ----------

I have been taking Nurofen every 4 hours Jen. My mum won't listen , she is embarrassed
that we go to the doctors so much. Its been a month since my last visit to the doctors

loopylu86
17-09-12, 20:42
You don't need to get permission to go. It's confidential. Just go!

Welshy
17-09-12, 20:50
Try the local pharmacist then, they could do something for you, also when was your last trip to the opticians? That's another avenue as they look to the back of your eyes for problems. Could be worth a shot to put your mind at ease.

fozzy is crying
17-09-12, 20:51
You have two choices.

1. Go to the Doctors.

or

2. Put up with the headaches.

As someone who has suffered cluster migraines all my life, [almost 64 years], I know I would always choose Option 1.

Worried-jen
17-09-12, 20:56
honestly dylan this will be your anxiety and the more stressed you are it prob gonna take headache longer to go, as a few people have already said just go to docs you can go on your own, and tell doc about your headache how long you've had it and your worried x

---------- Post added at 20:56 ---------- Previous post was at 20:52 ----------

And dont worry about going to docs too much, they are there to help and be happy also to talk through your anxieties, im there every couple of weeks and went to A and E last week too, i know how horrible it is, best thing to do is try and stay came though bring your stress levels down x

DylanR
17-09-12, 20:58
Thanks for your inputs , i asked my mum and she said she will take me. She said she could tell i was being sensible this time and she only says no when she can tell i've just seen something on the internet or Tv and gone into a complete panic. I'll keep this thread updated

Worried-jen
17-09-12, 21:02
Thats good to hear dylan, let us know how you get on x

DylanR
17-09-12, 21:08
Im still stressing that it's a Brain Tumour though , The stories you hear are just awful :(

Ferry1995
17-09-12, 22:02
For the first few months ( and to an extent still ) of my anxiety I was terrified I had a brain tumour or an aneurysm, But when I went to the doctors she basically told me ( as did 3 other GP's ) If you had a brain tumour the headaches would be VERY painful, plus you'd start to lose the function of facial functions ( smell, hearing, sight etc, ) and you'd start to lose use of muscles etc, doesn't sound like a tumour, just bad anxiety I can sympathise totally with you, I know exctly what it's like, i'm still going through it myself, as a young person ( still 17 ) I can probably relate to it, so if you ever feel really down, give me a message mate.

sunshine1
17-09-12, 22:18
At height of my anxiety I had terrible probelms with my sinuses and was at the doctor regularly about it and asking about brain tumors. Your symptoms sound nothing like what the doctor told me. My headache lasted weeks, was worse when I moved bent down etc. I think they were worsened because I was so stressed and were partly tension headaches. If you can, try to get plenty of sleep because being tired does not help either. I think you should be frank with your doctor about your anxiety also. It sounds like you need some help with that, which will help your headaches.

Let us know how you get on at the doctor.