PDA

View Full Version : Weird ways to deal with anxiety ? I'll start :D

busybee09
17-09-12, 21:41
My weird and wonderful way to calm down if i'm having a flutter (like tonight) is to drop a few drops of lavendar oil on a tissue and place it over my nose AND at the same time do the "legs up the wall" yoga pose.

Seriously this works for me :) But can only do it at home! Not really suitable for anywhere else lol

Annie0904
17-09-12, 21:57
My son bought me some lavender scented mohdoh (therapeutic dough infused with essential oils) and I just hold it and mould it and smell it :)

Lissa101
17-09-12, 22:10
I'm going to sound really crazy :) My TV is in the attic room with a low ceiling. I lie on my back with my feet resting on the roof and watch tv upside down.

NoPoet
18-09-12, 17:54
Thermal feedback is known to work. Anxiety diverts blood flow from your extremities to your heart, as your body is trying to stay alive. (That's why some people get pins and needles or a cold sensation in their fingers and toes.) Holding your fingers under warm running water, or preferably holding a warm hot water bottle in your hands or over your feet and toes, is known to reduce physical discomfort from anxiety.

The reason why we have "flutters" is probably due to unconscious negative thoughts, generally along the "I'm going to die" line. Recognising this has helped me far more than any trick or medication. Hopefully it will help others too, since it's the main reason a lot of us are still stuck with anxiety problems.