PDA

View Full Version : Severe tiredness !

Ashleybyrd37
18-09-12, 03:48
one day about a little over a month ago I had an extreme anxiety attack then after that night I have been really tired. I have had attacks before but nothing like this. I had been getting them after that day and was super tired all the time so I went to the drs and they put me on citalopram. I was getting bad tiresness and side effects was taking 10mg for 14 dans and on 20mg for 3. Last night was day 17. I couldn't stand the effects anymore so I swotched meds today. Is anyone else experiencing secere tiredness ? Please, please, please I need some securness that I am not alone. Wish I had friends with my problem :( I am only 19.

Lissa101
18-09-12, 11:15
Yep. Same happened to me; I was ok one second, had my first major anxiety attack, then was a completely different person. That was nearly 3 months ago now. At first I could barely keep my eyes open with tiredness (not on meds at this time). But it has got much better.

Anxiety is completely exhausting even if you don't realise it at first. Your mind and body need a break. Best advice I can give is to be nice to yourself. Eat well, live as healthy as poss, spoil yourself (bubble baths ect) and generally look after yourself while you recover.

Accept that it can take time to find the correct meds and route to recovery. Once you take that pressure off yourself to be better 'right now' then it makes everything easier.

As for friends; I'm sure you'll find plenty people here who can relate to you. None of us are alone with our problems.

x

merlotsmum
18-09-12, 11:42
Yep. Same happened to me; I was ok one second, had my first major anxiety attack, then was a completely different person. That was nearly 3 months ago now. At first I could barely keep my eyes open with tiredness (not on meds at this time). But it has got much better.

Anxiety is completely exhausting even if you don't realise it at first. Your mind and body need a break. Best advice I can give is to be nice to yourself. Eat well, live as healthy as poss, spoil yourself (bubble baths ect) and generally look after yourself while you recover.

Accept that it can take time to find the correct meds and route to recovery. Once you take that pressure off yourself to be better 'right now' then it makes everything easier.

As for friends; I'm sure you'll find plenty people here who can relate to you. None of us are alone with our problems.

x

I agree with Lissa101, we are on a similar path with our meds and I have struggled with anxiety since beginning of June, it was set off about worrying about my health after a hysterectomy in March 2012. I had one major attack and not right since.

I am slowly getting there with the helps of meds as well as looking after me more, trying to listen to my body and rest. It is not easy but I now know I have to do this to be able to recover from the terrible illness it is.

Take care x

Ashleybyrd37
18-09-12, 15:15
Thank you guys for the respond. I am just so tired :( like I slept for 8 hours and want to go back to sleep :/