PDA

View Full Version : Been on prozac for nearly four weeks, thinking of giving up

Pages : [1] 2 3

Supersal1984
18-09-12, 11:40
I have been on prozac, at 10mg, for four weeks this thursday. The side effects have gone, apart from a bit of broken sleep. But I just feel so miserable, as if I am pulling myself through the day and it is as if I no longer enjoy anything!I felt a bit depressed before I went on prozac, but I feel worse now. Just wondering if there is any point carrying on with it.

Any comments are welcome!

sunshine1
18-09-12, 14:09
If you can hang in there for another 2 weeks. I struggled with it this time around (my second time) but by week 6 I felt loads better, 3-5 weeks was worst and I wouldn't say I was that depressed before but was with this med at that point.I feel good now - 4 months in.

:D reading other comments on other posts I think a lot of other people would agree. Other people who know more about meds than me would say that it takes longer than some other ssris to settle down. Check Piano's thread about fluox.
PM me if you want.x

Emphyrio
18-09-12, 14:50
I'd give it a bit longer - possibly as much as 10 weeks, before you think about changing. The first 6 weeks are the worst - then it should settle down after that.

Tyler1994
19-09-12, 07:30
Keep going! I promise you'll make it through. It will get better I swear! I lost track of how many days I'm on, because I don't even think about it anymore.

Honestly, my anxiety/depression is starting to feel so behind me to the point where taking my pill is an afterthought. If it wasn't next to my toothbrush every morning I'd forget to take it!!

I was in the same place as you. I felt bonkers! I still do from time to time *knock on wood*, have anxiety/depression, but I feel calm now.

Keep going!!

Supersal1984
19-09-12, 08:34
Thank you so much everyone! It is so tough! I cannot believe we feel awful, so we go on the tablets and they make us feel better and they make us feel worse. Did any of you feel depressed constantly at this point?

I will hang on though! I had some good days last week, so it just takes time to balance out! Thank you again for your encouragement!!And I am glad you all made it to the otherside!! X

electrical_stormgirl
19-09-12, 08:51
I'm on week 5 and just starting to feel brighter and a bit more optimistic. Definately hang in there as it seems a lot of people don't see any improvement until 6 - 10 weeks :hugs:

Supersal1984
19-09-12, 09:29
I will, thank you for your encouragement. I don't know what I would do without it. The fog seems to have risen today, hoping it stays away xxxx

ExPerson
19-09-12, 10:47
It took me until week 6 to start really noticing the difference. At week 4 I felt like giving up as well. Delighted I didn't now. Prozac has helped me enormously. Would definitely advise that you stick with it.

Supersal1984
24-09-12, 11:58
Thank you for your comments. I am feeling rubbish again today. I cannot seem to stop focussing on my body symptoms and just get on with things like I used to!!

will be on week 5 by the end of the week, so only 4.5 weeks so far

xxxx

littlelu
24-09-12, 12:23
Hi im on week 6 now and have started to feel such a difference, i reckon they kicked in properly last week for me, i started to think they would never work either! i used to struggle to do anything, my mind felt blank! keep hanging in there :)
if you need to chat feel free to pm me
vicky x

Supersal1984
24-09-12, 12:36
Thank you. I hope I feel better at week 6, seems so far away! Good to hear there is light at the end of the tunnel though xxxxx

---------- Post added at 12:36 ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 ----------

Thing is when I took prozac the first time, two years ago for year, it worked straight away, I wondered if anyone else had no problem the first time around and then problems the second time xxxxx

littlelu
24-09-12, 12:39
i hope you do too :) i remember thinking will they ever work! its nice to feel like me again! xx

Supersal1984
24-09-12, 12:47
Yes that is exactly how I feel. Thing is I could have a good day or a few good days and then fall back down again.

I am glad you feel much better. What made you start taking the meds?

xxxx

littlelu
24-09-12, 13:07
yeah thats what happened to me, it was very up and down to start with, i still have occasional blips but they seem so small compared to before that i can cope!

I was put on them for anxiety and depression, i didnt actually realise i had depression until i went to the doctors about my anxiety and it was like ahhh that makes sense now, thats why im feeling like this! what are you on them for?

xx

Supersal1984
24-09-12, 13:44
Yes the same, anxiety which caused depression and OCD! Horrible place. Went on Prozac for this two years ago and worked a treat. Then I felt better and came off after a year, as was told if you take it for a year it can eliminate depression!

It came back a few months ago! After I got married, with a vengeance! But wondering why the Prozac is taking forever to kick in this time and thinking I took it for too long or something x

joy
25-09-12, 16:35
what dosage are most of you on. the theraputic dose is 20mg but to ease in I've been started on 10mg.

Joy

Supersal1984
25-09-12, 17:40
I think we are all on 10 mg. I am and I know some others who have seen good results are on 10mg. I used to worry that 10mg would do nothing, but I have had some good days.

I hope that helps. xxxx

Emphyrio
25-09-12, 23:55
I'm on prozac for the third time (it worked well on 2 previous occasions - between 2003 and 2008 and late 2008-2011). The previous times I took it I had minimal side effects - this time, however, the side effects were horrendous. I'm now taking 20mg in juice over 3 days, which I seem to handle better than 20mg every day. I read somewhere that many people respond well to 5 to 10mg of prozac a day so I'm going to see whether it helps with my intrusive 'pure ocd' thoughts in the longer term.

electrical_stormgirl
26-09-12, 07:43
I'm on week 6 (I think?) and I think I'm feeling better. The side effects have virtually disappeared although the nightmares have suddenly returned this week which isn't great. Still I'll settle for that if I can get my normal life back during the day :huh:

moysiegirl
26-09-12, 14:44
Hi,ist time for me.Im 48,and everyone says how bubbily Iam,and chatty,but inside Im a mess!I haven't had an alcoholic drink for 11 years,but now I have to handle my stress,anxiety and depression soberly,which is hard when you just want to run away and escape from my moods and thoughts.Realised that after freaking out down the canal walking my new dog,with my husband ,that something needed to be done.I have been seen this year by nhs councellor,but now been waiting for 5 months to be referred to a different one,who has a massive waiting list!so hence Doc now put me on Fluox,on 3 weeks now,and felt better for first week,but now feel terrible.cant read a book,which I used to love,had to stop going to my book group,cant concentrate or converse with people,when usually I have to be told to shut up,as I usually go on(nervous prattle!?)please tell me this will get better,as like a previous post,my tabs didn't come with a leaflet!

Janine
27-09-12, 15:41
SuperSal, I am feeling the same and see you replied on the other thread, I am 4 weeks plus 2 days and am feeling just like you, maybe we could help each other.

I am encouraged by what everyone else is saying and that we have to hang in there and things will get better,

It would be good to know some of your symptons, I was not expecting to feel depressed when the reason I went on them was for anxety.

I had nearly a week of fairly good days last week and then started to feel bad again last Saturday.

Today I am tired, jellyish legs and just feel like i have no energy.

Supersal1984
27-09-12, 16:24
Hi Janine.

I went on Prozac or anxiety too, a bit of depression and OCD. But as soon as I went on the Prozac the depression got worse! I have had a few good days and like you after Saturday it has been hell. Dry mouth, fog, cannot concentrate at work, tearful, hopeless, like I am dragging myself through the day. I did feel better than this before I was on the them! Feeling a bit suicidal too, which I am ashamed to admit! Feeling as if I will never get better! Thing is I was on these tablets two years ago and they worked from day one, so shocked to see this happening this time around. I am only on 10mg as I had awful side effects with 20mg, but now it seems the side effects are back!!
How are you? What symtoms are you getting! Keep me posted with how you get on! I want us both to get through this! Sending you hugs and wishing that you feel better soon xxxxx

joy
27-09-12, 16:55
just started on 10mg prozac. What does are you all on. Tried every other med for anxiety and nothng has worked yet

Could do with some good reports

Joy

Janine
27-09-12, 17:06
I am on 20mg and have been from the start, I have had a migraine since Saturday (which I suffer with anyway and occasionally they last a week) so that is not helping, I am really struggling with food and knowing what I want to eat. my family have been great but I feel like I am letting them down not cooking meals properly, am managing to tidy up and have been to work who again have been very understanding.

fell asleep this afternoon for 30 minutes so now worrying I will not sleep tonight.

It would be nice to get to that point everyone is telling us where we feel better

Supersal1984
27-09-12, 17:47
Hi Joy,

It does get better, but I seems the first few weeks are a struggle for some. When I tried it before it was excellent. There are lots of good reviews on it on here.

Hi Janine, so sorry to hear you are having migraines. I get ocular migraines sometimes, but know they are no where near as bad as migraines. I feel for you! But if you can get through that you can get through this. We are in this together xxxxx

---------- Post added at 17:47 ---------- Previous post was at 17:46 ----------

I had a few naps this week, but have managed to sleep fine. Have you had a bit of insomnia too? X

littlelu
27-09-12, 18:14
Im on 20mg, it really does get better :) although had an off day today but thats coz someone upset me and anxiety shot up! But other than that it does help. Hope everyone is slowly feeling better. Xx

Supersal1984
27-09-12, 18:18
Thanks littlelu! We need positive comments and that helps! Thank you so much xxxxxxx

littlelu
27-09-12, 18:20
Its ok :) how have the last few days bern supersal? Any difference yet? Xxx

Janine
27-09-12, 18:28
Thanks Littlelu for positive comments they help a lot.

Supersal not so much insomonia as waking early and then the days seems so long, did not matter when I had the good days but when I am feeling like I am today it is not good.

Supersal1984
27-09-12, 18:34
Had some good days last week and the week before, but now feeling rubbish. I am going to hold out until 6 weeks and see how I get on. I cannot tell you how much better I feel speaking to people like you who understand. I am glad you are doing good now Little lu did you feel it would never get better?

Hi Janine, I used to get up at 1pm, then 3pm, then 4pm!! But the sleep has got much better. What do you do when you cannot get back to sleep? Do you read or play games on your phone? I find that once you have a bad night, you are so tired the next, you sleep better!! Hope that is true for you too!

How were you on the first few weeks? Xxxx

littlelu
27-09-12, 20:19
Yeah if you give it six weeks and if not prehaps the doctor can try something else, although i think it took my sister in law about 3 months to work! I thought they would week within two weeks and was so disheartened when i didnt feel better, it got to the point that i couldnt imagine how it would feel to be ok again. I think i noticed it physically at first, the tummy problems eased and i didnt feel sick all time! Xxx

Supersal1984
27-09-12, 20:47
Thanks they is so reassuring! I do not seem to have any rest, this gloom is constantly with me and time goes so slow! I feel like this will never go! But so did you and you are great now! Xxxx

Janine
28-09-12, 10:14
Supersal see you are online, I have managed to sleep but had to take a diazapan before and when I woke up as had real panicky feelings and hot flushes, apart from that i feel the same as yesterday, everything is such an effort and feel like there is no end to it, had a good cry this morning when my husband went to work, he is trying so hard to help but feels useless, he is not used to me being like this, am crying now as I am writing this, i feel so down, I did not think these tablets would make me feel like this. The only thing keeping me going is what the others are saying about the 5 to 6 week mark. How are you feeling today, it is helping me having someone in same position

---------- Post added at 10:14 ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 ----------

Littlelu when did you find it became easier and how did you feel, it would be really good to know, need some hope today

Supersal1984
28-09-12, 10:20
I am feeling a little better, but awoke feeling sick, but I have done that every morning since Monday and then after that I have a dry mouth for the whole day which is really getting me down.

I had a little cry whilst I was bending over the toilet seat trying to throw up as my stomach was churning!(sorry I hope you did not read before breakfast).

My husband feels useless too. Maybe there can support each other too! My husband booked a holiday to paris for a romantic weekend, as he thought that would make everything better, but I said I did not want to go before I felt better.

Everything is such an effort and nothing makes me happy anymore! I am just hoping that these tablets kick in soon.

We have had some good days, but I suppose it takes time.

Sending you hugs xxxxxx

littlelu
28-09-12, 10:28
Hi Janine, i noticed a difference around week 5 and its got stronger over the last few weeks, i didnt think it was ever going to work at one point. i just started having some days were i felt ok, not down and anxious and then i actually started feeling happy and positive again, i think i realised it most when i stopped dreading getting out of bed every day. i still have occasionally anxiety blips in certain situations but day to day i seem ok. how many weeks have you been on them now? sorry you are having such a bad day, you will get through this :) xx
Supersal, how are you feeling today? hope its a better day for you xxx

---------- Post added at 10:28 ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 ----------

oh no the sickiness is horrible, i never actually threw up just felt like i needed to, i had a constant knot in my stomach for weeks.

im single, split with my fiance afew months before so that made it alittle harder but my parents and friends have been great, just leaving me alone if i need it or letting me talk. yes i would save paris for when you are feeling better, it would be a lovely trip and dont want it spolied, bless him for thinking of it though!
xxx

Supersal1984
28-09-12, 10:48
Little Lu, you are giving us so much hope, thank you xxxx

Janine
28-09-12, 10:52
Hi Littlelu It was 4 weeks on Tuesday so 4 plus 3 now, 5 weeks next Tuesday and I have a docs apt that morning.

Went to see him last Friday and he was really pleased with me and I was also feeling very positive and loads better, had to go and see him Tuesday as I felt so lousy that is when he upped my propanhol but that has not worked.

Supersal we will get through this together, I do not have a dry mouth or feel sick but have lost nearly a stone in last four weeks as I do not know what I want to eat and do not want to cook, hard when I still have two grown boys and one girlfriend living here and they are so used to me being so lively, other son and girlfriend did make dinner for us a couple of weeks ago which was lovely but I was feeling a bit better then.

Little Lu you are giving us hope

Supersal1984
28-09-12, 13:21
I wish I just knew this was going to help me. It helped me before, but now I am not sure it will. I have been so unhappy for 3months with constant anxiety and OCD! My life has fallen apart. I was so happy before that, I had just got married and then my world fell apart, but I have no idea why? Just have a hope that one day I will feel better. I have had anxiety before and it went, but never for this long.

I feel for you Janine. I know, I do not feel like doing anything. I could definitely not make dinner!! What do you work as, how are you finding work?

---------- Post added at 13:21 ---------- Previous post was at 13:19 ----------

Just out if curiousity, do any of you live in London? X

littlelu
28-09-12, 13:56
im glad i am giving you both hope, sending you lots of hugs too :hugs:
i think if it wasnt for moving back home with my parents i wouldnt of eaten either, my mum used to force me to eat something coz im quite tiny anyway and lost more weight. Im from yorkshire so unfortuantly not near london!
ive found exercise is really helping me too, ive been forcing myself to the gym and now i actually enjoy it and it distracts my mind from everything.
i dont know why i ended up in this situation either, mine seemed to build slowly so i didnt do anything about it until i couldnt cope anymore xxx

Janine
28-09-12, 16:27
No I do not live in London am in Norfolk, I had no reason either a great family and job, I am a Retail and Catering manager which I enjoy immensley, the only think I could put it down to is losing my dad in March and my mum is not easy to deal with. I had dealt with all that though, the anxiety started mid August when I ended up in hospital with acute diverticulitus for which I had antibiotics and came home after a few days better, then two days later ended up in A & E with the start of all this so completely out of the blue.

I have not got the energy to exercise as such but apart from first couple of weeks I have managed to go into work and do a lot of walking around, it is very hard though

Supersal1984
28-09-12, 18:25
I struggle at work too! Just trying to pretend I am ok. I had a few good moments today! I am hopeful we can get through this. Have you started cbt?

I wonder if the anti biotics had an effect on you? Or sometimes it is stress? Who knows?

But we have got through another day! Every day we get through we must congratulate ourselves as I think with this it is the hardest thing in the world to do! One day we will look back and say we did it?

Have you ever had anxiety before?

LittleLu we haven't forgotten you, how are you doing??

Janine
28-09-12, 19:36
I think maybe the stress of being ill as i had the anxiety as well as the pain but it was not until afterwards when I had it again that it was diagonosed as anxiety. No have never had anything like this ever before.

We have both got through another day so hopefully we are nearer feeling better, am back at work tomorrow so hope I do not have too bad a night, have been quite good this afternoon and then had an attack come on for no reason, came over hot and my legs were like jelly for about half an hour, now going to try and eat.

Supersal1984
28-09-12, 21:12
I used to get really shaky arms and legs. But since I did the anxiety control technique on the living life to the full website, I do not get it as much. Is it like mindfulness I think. It is a webinar under the depression book. Give it a try.

Wishing you all the very best tomorrow! You will be ok. Don't be too hard on yourself ( I know easier said than done). But what we go through everyday! I think we must be superhuman. I just read a post by Jules on another thread explained anxiety to me and it made sense. I found that helpful and hopeful.

Glad you had a better day and yes we have got through another day. Let me know how you get on! Xxxxx

littlelu
28-09-12, 21:22
I hope you both manage to have nice weekends and get alittle bit of peace from these awful feelings. Stay strong, small steps make the biggest difference :) xxx

Janine
28-09-12, 21:34
Thank you both will be in touch tomorrow, hope you both have a good day

Supersal1984
29-09-12, 08:35
How are you feeling today little lu?

Janine wishing you the best today. Looking forward to seeing how your day is. My day has been ok so far. It just in bed and not sure what to do with myself.

People keep telling me that I may be pregnant as sick every morning and dry mouth is a sign. I am doing a test soon so will let you know. But I am not in the place to have children right now at all! I think I would be an awful mum in this state!! Think it is the tablets, but why are the side effects happening now?? X

Janine
29-09-12, 08:45
Hi Supersal, actually had quite a good night, have weak legs but I have a feeling it is the propohanol I am on as I took it a few years ago for migraine and I have a feeling that was a side effect. Physically today I feel stronger but still very depressed which is something I never had until these tablets.

If I was you I would do pregnancy test for peace of mind, instead of keep wondering you would know then you will know what you are dealing with.

Supersal1984
29-09-12, 08:49
Exactly! I am going to do next time I need to go!

I am glad you had a good night. Hoping you have a good day too! We will not let it beat us!! X

Janine
29-09-12, 08:52
i will check up on you once i get sorted out at work

Janine
30-09-12, 09:14
HI Supersal, how are you feeling today, did you do the test. I got through yesterday, one panic attack mid day when I had to take a diazapan, just went all hot and sweaty and felt like I could not cope. to be honest it is the depression that is really getting to me as I was not depressed until I went on these tablets and I keep worrying about some meetings I have coming up in a couple of weeks that I would normally not even give a thought to. Hoping I am going to have improved by then.

Supersal1984
30-09-12, 09:22
I had a better day yesterday and feeling ok today. I am not pregnant which is good.

What is different is I went to see my counsellor yesterday and it made me realise that I need to be less hard on myself and expect less of myself, but also that with anxiety it gets better once you start to just accept the feelings, and then try start to fade.

I worry the same as you about coping in important parts of the job. I had to go to court on Friday, I am a solicitor, and argue a case, something that scares me even when I am feeling well. But I did it and did it well. You feel great after you achieve it. So you will be fine take each day as it comes.

I am starting to wonder if these tablets will ever work.it will be 6 weeks on Thursday! But I have been feeling a bit better.

Let me know how your day goes. We are in this together xxxx

Janine
30-09-12, 18:38
Hi Supersal, a bit of a mixed day, felt really good until about 3 as I had not had a panicky hot feeling up to that point, then some friends of ours turned up where I work and I whilst I was speaking to them it did start across my shoulders and since then it has come and gone not bad just there and also my legs have that wobbly feeling, trying to keep calm as home now. I read earlier that you are only on 10mg, I have been on 20mg, do you think I should drop down or now I have come this far stick with it, it will be 5 weeks on Tuesday.

Janine
01-10-12, 09:56
really need some positive feedback this morning, I am on week 5 tomorrow but since yesterday I have been feeling really bad and not had a good night, had managed to get through the last week even though it has been a struggle, nearly did not take my tablet this morning (but did) I know today it is going to be hard, I feel hot and my legs feel weak, going to work. Please someone tell me this is worth it.

Piano
01-10-12, 11:23
Dear Janine,
I was feeling very low around my 5 weeks mark (almost suicidal). I am now at my 12 weeks mark, and I do feel better. From 5 to 12 weeks there has been ups and downs, but the ups have lasted longer and longer, and the downs have been lighter and lighter.
I stongly recommend CBT in addition to medication.
Here is a good link, it is like an online CBT training:
https://moodgym.anu.edu.au/moodgym

It will get better:)

Janine
01-10-12, 12:27
Thank you I will have a look at it tonight when I get home from work. I did read your diary which gave me hope, I just feel so depressed and I did not go on them for depression but for anxiety after having a bowel infection and being in hospital which set it all off. I keep telling myself to give it another week and remember how bad I was 3 weeks ago when I could not rest or get to work very often. Just really needed some hope

Supersal1984
01-10-12, 12:47
I am feeling a bit and you are only a few days away from me. I would say that as you are on 20mg you should stay there, unless you are having side effects. (I know it is hard to tell what is side effects and what is anxiety sometimes!!) Just keep going, even when times are tough, as there is light at the end of the tunnel. I think the 4-5.5 weeks is probably a bad point, but it will get better. Keep going. I will try and speak to you again tonight to see how you are doing xxxxxx

Janine
01-10-12, 20:02
have got through another day, it helps working with such nice people who keep me going, feel incredibly tired but have managed to eat some tea, don't feel as bad as I did this morning, hopefully if I can get to the end of this week I will have more good days.

Glad you are feeling a bit better, hope it lasts this time.

Just hope I have a good night and feel brighter in the morning, have docs apt before work so will what he has to say.

Supersal1984
01-10-12, 21:05
It is as if I am a different person today. Able to concentrate. No anxiety. Singing around the house and laughing. I really hope this is it and not part of a roller coaster.I had a full week if bad days last week and before that I was up and down, so that is probably why I am a bit sceptical!

Janine! You are through another day and when you are feeling as I did, I know how much of an achievement that is! I am sure good days are ahead of you. Keep going and you will get there. I think you should stay on 20mg, you have come this far. Let me know how you get on at the docs! Xxxxx

Janine
02-10-12, 09:03
You are gving me hope as like you said you are a few days ahead of me and last week this time last week you were feeling like me.

I did sleep well as I was so so tired last night and apart from feeling headachey this morning not too bad so far.

Still don't like this depressed feeling because I am not normally like it, but hopefully Doc will put my mind at rest this morning. He has been really good so I am very lucky.

Supersal1984
02-10-12, 09:45
I do think it is the tablets, as I did not feel depressed before going on them.

It is almost as if they make everything go slow and you feel like nothing is enjoyable anymore.

I do feel much stronger this week though and so you have this ahead of you. Keep going and let me know how you get on with the doctor xxxxxx

Janine
02-10-12, 12:08
Doctor was very encouraging he said because it was the infection I had that started everything off that he beleives in 3-6 months I will be completely ok.

I explained how I was feeling and he said it was normal etc. have felt a bit wobbly since I got into work but am trying to keep busy and walk around.

He said I have got to try and eat and drink more as that will help with the headaches but finding that really hard some days still.

You are right nothing seems enjoyable anymore, my regional boss wants to come and see me tomorrow and normally because we are such good friends I would say come but feel that I cannot cope with that so am going to put it off until next week hoping that I will feel that much better by then.

You are giving me hope that by this time next week I will be stronger

Supersal1984
02-10-12, 13:44
Wow there is lots of hope there. Completely better in 3- 6 months! That is great!

You just need to hang on in there. Today I am still feeling better. I feel much stronger and able to cope with the horrible thoughts!

I am kind of going down the route of acceptance. I feel as if last week was so bad, that it could not really get much worse and so if I coped with that, I can cope with anything! When you get to rock bottom, I suppose the only movement is up!

I am doing some cbt too, which is really good. Have you been doing cbt?

You will cope with your boss coming, but if you feel better you can out it off, but it may make you feel anxious for longer.

Let me know what you decide.

Sending you hugs and hope xxxxx

Janine
02-10-12, 19:25
Glad you are still feeling good, yes you are right about feeling rock bottom and the only way is up, somebody said to me yesterday think how you were 3 weeks ago when I was not functioning at all well and so although we do not realise it we are making progress.

I replied to my boss and she rang me and we had a really good chat and she made me laugh and feel better, she is going to come next week, she was telling me that she had suffered with panic attacks after a break up of a relationship so it made me think she understood.

I have managed to eat again this evening, doc says if i can eat and drink properly it will help with the headaches.

feeling more positive today hope it lasts
thank you for your support

Supersal1984
03-10-12, 08:37
Yes the progress is so slow, and so the improvement will be a tiny step every day.

Glad you are feeling more positive. Eating and sleeping was so hard to begin with on this drug, but it has got better this week. I am no longer waking up in the middle of the night and I am sleep through, which I have not done for weeks.

I have been thinking that each day you get through you are that much closer to feeling better.

I think that sometimes so many people have panic attacks/anxiety and depression but they hide it. I suppose it goes back to the days that if you showed these symptoms you would be sent to a mental assylum. However, anxiety and depression seems to be what we all go through and just some are better at handling it and hiding it than others.

I am glad your boss is so understanding. That helps massively.

Seing you a massive :bighug1:and hoping that today is a positive day for you! Let me know how you get on xxxxxxx

---------- Post added at 08:37 ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 ----------

sending *

littlelu
03-10-12, 14:41
Hi Supersal and Janine

how are you both doing? not been on here for afew days so just been reading and catching up with the tread! Supersal - you have had some good days :D yay im so pleased for you and Janine i hope you start to see some improvements soon, its good that you are eating abit better.

Does anyone associate certain things with bad feelings? like i dont like going into the area where i used to live because thats where i felt at my worse and certain clothes etc i wont wear again, even some foods!
xxx

Supersal1984
03-10-12, 15:15
Yes totally, certain smells, certain clothes! We have brains that easily record a memory with something.

The good thing is we can put good memories on things too and keep them around us.

I am also starting to burn aromatherapy oils in a oil burner and I find that certain oils can make you feel relaxed and some can make you feel less depressed.

How are you getting on now?

Thanks so much for your encouragement last week, I cannot tell you how much it helped me! I just hope the good days last!!

Janine, how are you today? I hope you had a better day, but if you didn't I am sure there is a good day coming soon. I never thought I would feel better!! xxxxxx

---------- Post added at 15:15 ---------- Previous post was at 15:13 ----------

Oh and I almost forgot. My dad has just moved back into the home I grew up in. I split up with a long term boyfriend just before I moved out of there. That was twelve years ago! This was when my parents divorced and I went to live with my mum.

My dad keeps saying why don't you come around to the house, but I cannot bring myself to do it!:ohmy:

littlelu
03-10-12, 16:08
oh good, i thought it was me being abit crazy! at least it seems to be a good excuse to buy new clothes.

i dont blame you, i dont think i could ever go back in my old house either, i dont even like talking about it, i change the subjet.

oils is a good idea, i have never tried anything like that. do you know any that are particually good at relaxing you to sleep?

I ok, had abit of an off day yesterday but think it was just work getting me down abit. its no problem, its nice to beable to help other people and reassure them :)

xxxx

Supersal1984
03-10-12, 17:06
It is, it makes you feel like you are here for a reason.

Yes lavender is good. You can actually put drops of that in your bath as it is not harmful to the skin like the other essential oils. So you can have a nice relaxing bath before you sleep. There are others also, holland and barrett is good for essential oils.

Others that may help are:

ylang ylang.

I hope you had a better day today. What is happeneing at work?

Janine
04-10-12, 10:43
Hi Both

did not post yesterday was at work and then actually went to do some food shopping for the first time for 3 weeks so must be an improvement. I am sleeping better too and feeling a lot more positive than the beginning of the week when I still felt so bad.

am off work today and am now going to go through the house and it does not seem such an effort as it did this time last week.

We all seem to have made progress half way through week 5 so long may it last, hopefully the two of you are still feeling good.

Littelu yes I know what you mean about clothes that bring back memories and then you cannot wear them again.

Supersal you can only go back to that house if and when you are comfortable with it, one day you may feel that you are strong enough to do it if not do not force yourself.

Hope none of us have anymore really bad days with the medication, I still keep waiting for the next blip. xx

Supersal1984
04-10-12, 12:07
That is great Janine, you are really making progress and glad to see you are better! I hope you are doing stuff for yourself too!

I keep waiting or a bad day too! As worried that it is too good to be true. But at least we are having good days, so we must be getting there!!

Xxxxx

littlelu
04-10-12, 15:49
That is great Janine, all small steps are such a good progress :) i remember being bothered to put makeup on lol i was like ohhh i want to look nice, i must be feeling alittle better!

thanks Supersal, i think i might take a trip to holland and barrets this weekend, i love my baths anyway so anything to make it more relaxing is even better.

i think with work its because the company i work for is struggling abit at the moment and people are constantly ringing me chasing money, as you can imagine that doesnt help when you suffer anxiety anyway, i dread the phone ringing!

xxx

Supersal1984
06-10-12, 07:54
Still feeling good! I hope you guys are too!! Xxxx

Janine
06-10-12, 08:46
me too, still very tired at times but have bought some vitamins magnessium with Vitamin B which I read somewhere on here are safe to take Flux etc and will help with energy.

Am back at work today and certainly feel better than last Saturday, what a difference in a week we have both seen, I still seem to be waiting for that blip though as it seems too good to be true after feeling so so rough. I know I still have a long way to go but am coping a lot better.

Hope you have a good day let me know how it goes

Littlelu, hope you still fine too and have a good weekend.

Supersal1984
06-10-12, 10:55
Same as you Janine! Feeling so much better! It is just about getting through the first few weeks! I am sure we will still have bad days but not as many as before now we have got to this stage.

So pleased for us! Let me know how you get on today x

Janine
08-10-12, 22:51
Hi Supersal hope you are still feeling good, I am feeling so much better, six weeks tomorrow and don't seem to be having any more side effects at the moment, hopefully it will last, got some meetings coming up Wednesday so that will be a good test.

Tyler1994
10-10-12, 00:38
I started prozac on July 27th (I can't do math..), and for the most part it's been working.
But has anyone felt mood instability while on it? It's almost maniac but I don't want to make my symptoms worse by calling it bipolar.

I may just not be used to not thinking about EVERYTHING but I feel so neutral and so lonely! I feel like I miss the intense mental adrenaline that I used to get. I feel like my identity is changing, and it's making me uncomfortable. I may just be lost in my emotions from starting university, in a new city, while being on prozac.

Someone please give me advice or hope :)

Tyler1994
10-10-12, 09:02
Oh, and how is everyone doing lately??

Janine
10-10-12, 09:05
Hi Tyler
You are about a month ahead of me with the Prozac and as you said ourself it does seem to be helping you. I think it is more to do with your situation and being on your own in a new city and starting University and feeling lonely. I have 3 grown up sons and they all struggled when doing this. Is there anyone you can talk to from home or at University as they will have had students who feel like this and there must be a support network.

Not a lot of help but I do really feel for you.

joy
10-10-12, 13:35
3 weeks in and feeling dreadful. I suffer from anxiety now on Prozac feeling depressed and nasty suicidal thoughts. Surely this shouldnt be happening. Any advice

Joy

Janine
10-10-12, 16:39
Hi Joy

Just take an hour and a time and then a day at a time, if you read the whole of this thread you will see that I was feeling like you and I could see no end to it and felt really dreadful, I had an odd better day when I thought I was getting better but it was not until the 5 week mark that I started to pick up and now at 6 weeks I feel so much better and more like my normal self, I know exatly how you are feeling and it seemed forever when some of the others were telling me to hang in there and dont give up on these tablets, the side effects are awful but it is worthi it in the end.

joy
11-10-12, 10:58
well I'm still alive which after yesterday I;m quite surprised. Feeling slightly better at least no nasty thoughts.
seeing shrink tomorrow so we;ll see what he has to say. got the dreaded dry mouth today.

is anyone feeeling absolutaly normal yet

joy

Janine
11-10-12, 13:13
Hi Joy

Yes I am feeling normal but it has taken time and I did not believe I ever would again, I am off work today as it is my day off and have just finished cleaning the house, 3 weeks ago it was all so much of an effort but when you start feeling better it is great, you will get there, let me know how it goes. I was lucky that I did not suffer with the dry mouth but Supesal did and she was feeling fine the last time she posted and she is about half a week ahead of me.

joy
11-10-12, 13:22
well thats good news. How many weeks are you in?
I seem to get dry mouth on all meds, had to give up 2 other meds costhe exteme dryness of the mouth was unbearable.
Wanna come round and do my house as I've got the cant be bothereditis

At least I havent got the scary thoughts though

joy

Janine
11-10-12, 14:48
I am just six weeks on Tuesday and really suffered terrible until just over the 5 week mark, spent the first few days of feeling better waiting for the next blip as i had had so many side effects however so far a week later I still feel good. Although I managed to go into work after the first couple of weeks I did feel like I was on another planet, everyone has remarked in the last few days how much better I look, apart from all the weight I have lost through not being able to eat much through the first few weeks.

glad your horrible thoughts have gone, thats a positive

joy
11-10-12, 17:05
you did well to go to work. i feel like i'm glued to the settee. Are you seeing a shrink or just the gp for your meds.

Joy

Janine
11-10-12, 17:14
just GP

joy
12-10-12, 14:51
Been to shrink today and he said to stay on prozac 20mg for couple of more weeks before we decide if its going to work or not. All right for him altho he is gorgeous he hasnt got to suffer the side effects. Not having the horrible thoughts thank god but very shaky and weird

How is everyone on here?

Love Joy

Janine
12-10-12, 22:11
Still ok, did not feel too good yesterday as had a migraine but it has gone today, I think he is right to say give it another couple of weeks, I was awfully from 3 to 5 weeks and then started to feel better

Tufty
13-10-12, 07:11
Morning all, joining in this Prozac thread if that's OK. I've been back on Prozac since March but tapered down my dose to 5mg daily because of side effects - I did try 40mg - with horrible side effects, anyway been back at work since June and doing really well, some days feeling great, no hint of anxiety.

Work has been more stressful these last few weeks, then I got a virus (although it could be just the anxiety warning me to slow down) and now I'm in a right state again. :weep: I'm relieved I've had a good couple of months to remind me that I can and will get better again but god its so hard when it returns. Got the shakes, diarrhoea, terror feeling right now and want to run - but no where to hide from this feeling is there?

Janine
13-10-12, 09:00
No there isn't although everyone kept telling me to remember the good days and that you can feel better, it does not help when you are feeling like you are today, it could be the virus upset your system again.

I was considering reducing my dose at 4 weeks because I felt so so bad but through some of the posts of this thread from Supersal and Little Lu I persevered and am so glad I did because I did and still do feel better from just over the 5 week mark.

Just take one minute at a time and then each hour that was the only way I got through it and when completely at a loss I did have to take a diazapan although I felt like a failure for doing so.

The one thing that has helped me a lot is propohnol, originally my doctor put me on 80mg of slow release and then because of how bad I was feeling with the side effect of the flux, continuous panic attacks and hot flushes he upped it to 160mg slow release and that after a few days made me feel like normal again.

dont know if any of this helps but one of the things that helped me most was finding this forum and knowing others knew how I was feeling

Tessar
13-10-12, 09:18
i've just gone back on prozac; for me it's always worked but last time i was on it i wasnt convinced so i came off it for about 3 months but then my pmt came back with a vengence. my personality altered so much resulting in anger & beginning to resent & hate people/things that really are not hate-worthy, regretfully i've gone back on it.
usually after a couple of weeks i start to feel better. so for anyone, it is worth hanging in there as i'm sure for some people it does take alot longer for any benefits. dry mouth is the only side-effect i've really ever had. it does stop me over-sleeping which is beneficial as this time of year i feel like i could just "hibernate".
i know its hard but distraction helps alot. try finding even a simple task to change your focus away from bodily feelings or thoughts. i am the world's worst "ruminator" (if there is such a word) so i try playing music & getting busy as that helps to steer your mind towards something that may lift your spirits. even doing crappy jobs like housework or trying to face something small you've put off for ages. the feeling of achievement can be uplifting.
do keep working at anything that helps... just a short stroll; smiling at someone in the street; keep doing stuff, dont give in. sounds easy i know but really keeping going is important....
as i can see here, we all feel different one day to the next.....that's why this site is good as we can share, especially on the less good days. makes you realise there are people out there for you & that none of us are alone

Tufty
13-10-12, 10:21
Thanks Janine,

I know your right, I've been this bad on several occasions and bounce (not quickly) back to normal.

I'm a devil at not taking meds also, and had a slightly better day yesterday so didn't take any Diazepam, sleeping tablet and only 2 x Propanolol 40mg, lesson learnt. Today I'm going to take the Propanolol x 3, take Diazepam and the Zoplicone tonight. I've had twitching muscles for two weeks and am going to take the Diazepam for a couple of days as I've heard that it can knock them on the head and I think i just need some time out.

Thanks again xx

Janine
13-10-12, 12:13
good hopefully it will give you some respite. when I was suffering badly a couple of weeks ago with the hot flushes and shaking I kept trying to get through them and someone at work said if you have something that will help take it away for a while why are you suffering, so I did take a diazapan and it got me through the afternoon, fortunately I have only had to take one more since then I have felt so much better, however I know it is because the medication has at last kicked in and the propanlol is keeping me calm.

joy
13-10-12, 13:23
well got my 20mg caps today so neednt mess about with the liquid.
Did my shift in the charity shop but the anxiety started to build now I'm a mess. Sadly Diaz etc doesnt work for me so I have nothing to help.Still trying to hang on to the thought I had a few hours of feeling normalish.

Hope everyone is coping ok

Joy

Scoobydoo1
13-10-12, 16:23
Hi to you all, I'm on week 4.2 on flouxentine, and it don't seem to be working for me this time, been on it many tines before and has always worked, do you think my body has had enough of it, it is has truly been my life saver before but this time I am still waiting, should I give it more time, ??

Janine
13-10-12, 19:17
Hi Scooby, I replied on the other thread, at 4 plus weeks i was really bad and could see no end but everyone kept telling me to give it time and I am glad I did as just over 5 weeks I felt so much better and since then have been really good, I know it is the prozac and proponol that are now working but I have got through the side effects, I only wish I had found this website at the beginning of taking them as they did make me worse than I was before I started and that was bad enough.

joy
14-10-12, 08:56
Hello Janinie and supersal

Are you still doing well ? join in any one else who is. Us who are struggling need some encorragement

joy

Katie22
14-10-12, 09:27
wow, been awake since 3 am, tossed and turned, sweating, tingling down my arms into my hands, weird feelings don't know if its the side effects of the tablets or there is something seriously wrong wth me. I have been on prozac for 3 weeks,20 mg ( had sertraline 50mg for a week and felt ill, ILL). Advice please....
:weep:

---------- Post added at 09:27 ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 ----------

Also does anyone suffer with their vision.. my eyes ar blurred, I have had an eye test a few weeks ago and they said my perscription had'nt changed.

Scoobydoo1
14-10-12, 09:28
Kate 22, I'm in the same boat, I'm still in bed not wanting to face the day yet, got to work for an hour or so later really can't face it, I'm just hanging on to the advice that we need to give it more time. Try and keep busy in the home do little things ... I'm sure we will get there, the side effects are terrible but we have to go through them . I can chat anytime to u if u want . I dnt go far Theses days lol xx

sickandtired
14-10-12, 09:56
i had the awful tingling in the arms and chest,doom and gloom thoughts in the early hours lasting until about lunch for a few weeks...... (as well as severe insomnia,diahrrea,complete loss of appetite) ......even then there was no respite as I sat numb,constantly checking my thoughts and feelings and praying for bedtime even though i knew i wouldnt sleep.......give it at least 6 weeks......I started getting the odd good day which gave me hope......now every day is great....i have my confidence back and the panic,anxiety,agrophobia,depression,ruminations are a thing of the past.....i cant believe ive made it,but i have......please dont give up....there is no quick fix....you have been ill,it takes time for your mind to heal
best wishes to you all
Donna - 20mg Fluoxetine - 11 months on

Scoobydoo1
14-10-12, 10:16
Thanku Donna, that seems such a long way off to me, today I feel shite, just wanna hide and wait till eve when this horrid thing lifts a bit, I'm on 4.5 weeks and still can't see any light, hate the days just love the eves and bedtime when I almost feel normal. It worked quicker last time , I'm just so impatient. Your words are a great comfort, thank so much....xxxxx

---------- Post added at 10:16 ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 ----------

The mornings feel cloudy the afternoons I fight with the voices in my head and then the eves I feel better, crazy eh, ?.xx

sickandtired
14-10-12, 10:31
you arent being impatient....feeling like this is not very nice at all and I still say "I wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy" and mean that wholeheartedly.......its a bloody horrible way to feel day in,day out,but it wont last.Just judge how you feel week to week,rather than day by day.Concentrate on daily tasks however boring they seem.....they make the day go quicker! try and get out of the house for a walk each day.Its so hard I know,but drag yourself out even when you just feel like curling up ......small acheivements will count......even doing the ironing,which I hate,felt like a small victory.Be kind to yourself :hugs:x

Janine
14-10-12, 10:31
I agree with everything sickandtired is saying things started to turn for me at just over 5 weeks and so far I have not had a blip and it is 7 weeks on Tuesday, I felt just like you two are and did not want to get up, wanted to sleep but couldn,t, I could not concentrate on anything or want to eat even though my husband tried to force feed me! I felt like there was no end to it but after finding this forum I realised that it was not just me and there was light at the end of the tunnel even though it seemed forever away, the days seemed so long, if I managed to get into work I felt like on was on another planet but it helped the days go a bit faster, if I could not manage to get into work or have to go home early I was so fed up with the TV but there was nothing else for me to do, I did not have the energy to cook a meal.

just cross every minute and hour and then day and you will get there

sickandtired
14-10-12, 10:36
the best is yet to come Janine.....a new, stronger you will emerge....so very slowly,but you will look back and be so proud of how you,ve come through it all.I actually look forward to mornings now......ha.....cant believe Ive just said that!!! but its true!

Scoobydoo1
14-10-12, 10:39
So do you think they may still work for me ? Have been on and off them for many years? Xxxxx

Janine
14-10-12, 10:39
Yes even at the moment I feel so different than I did when all this started mid August, I have my zest for life back and I felt like Joy and scooby at 4 plus weeks they are so close and just have to hang in there.

Scoobydoo1
14-10-12, 10:42
Thanku thank so much, feel so sorry for my family and friends. Xxxx

sickandtired
14-10-12, 10:49
Scooby....I was the same....felt so guilty for putting my family & friends through it all,but you cant help it.....its an illness like anything else,but its not actually visible.......scars are much deeper and in my opinion,much harder to cope with.I bet you,ve felt like youre losing your mind some days eh? It all normal.......the meds still have time to kick in yet......this is my third time on AD's though my first time taking Fluoxetine.Try not to wait for the meds to do all the work.......you will get enjoyment out of small things you usually take for granted......have a shower....go for a walk....then lie down and watch crap telly.........what dose are you on?

Scoobydoo1
14-10-12, 11:18
Crap tele made me laugh, I can't watch anything heavy going ATM, is it wrong just to lie on top of my bed and relax?, I tend to do a bit of house work then come back up to bed, never in it just on top. I'm on 20mg of flux the does which I have always taken. Some days u feel like u can fight it and other days like today, I don't want to, I'm taking diazepan too, very low does but it worries me that i wont know if I'm better if I keep taking these. Want me back again and all theses false Nasty dark thoughts to leave me. Xxx really great talking to u guys. Xx

---------- Post added at 11:18 ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 ----------

With u guys did it lift in the evenings? And I have no worries for sleep either, I can sleep for at least 8 hours a night. Xxxx mornings are crap xxx

Janine
14-10-12, 11:22
No I did the same thing only I went back to the sofa instead of the bed, I did a bit then went and laid on there and watched the crap TV!! i felt guilty too about my family especially because if did not want to cook, I would cry because I felt useless but my husband told me it did not matter if we had soup or eggs for tea (that is if I could eat anything) 2 of my boys plus one girlfriend still live at home and they just fended for themselves and were lovely to me, my other son and girlfriend rang everyday to see how I was and I used to cry a lot because I felt so low and guilty, I had never felt like this before.

I took diazepan when I needed to at the stage you are at now maybe one a day or every other day when I needed but I have not had to take one for two weeks now, you will know when you feel better because you will not feel like you need it.

You may only have another half a week of feeling like this!!

Scoobydoo1
14-10-12, 11:28
My appetite is coming back, surly that must be a good sign? X i hate sunny days because everyone is happy busy and there are loads of people around, like raining days when I can hide and the world is quiet ......lol the dogs love my company , love me home with them all the time. Xxx

---------- Post added at 11:28 ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 ----------

Janine , how strong was your diazepan? Xx dee

sickandtired
14-10-12, 11:29
i couldnt watch any TV for a while.....especially the news....my ruminations would keep me awake all night long if i saw any reports on disaster,abuse,abduction.....i was scared of everything and everyone and i saw no end to it all.Relaxing on the bed is great.....i did loads of that.....i didnt feel physically able to do much else when those nasty side effects took over my body.....some days I didnt even wash or brush my teeth :blush: but each week you will be able to cope slightly better than the last....you wont even notice the small changes at first but gradually things get easier.....it is such a slow process....those nasty dark thoughts....eww....so horrible but i promise they wont stay with you forever.....keep reminding yourself its your body adjusting to the meds....horrible side effects do take time to go away.I remember my Mum coming round....(i think it was week 3) and i was sat there in my pj's at 3 pm crying,begging her to make the horrible tingling stop and awful feelings go away......i feel dreadful that my Mum had to see me that way.....but she definitely understands....she had a complete nervous breakdown several years ago.I started having some ok days and then I would have down days and be scared that the meds werent working and Id slip back into despair......but i didnt......the good days became more frequent.....and now nearly every day is good.I even forget to take my meds some days.....which is a real indicator that Im 99% recovered.......hahaha Ive just remembered i havent taken my meds today! :roflmao: brb

Janine
14-10-12, 11:32
That is a good sign and a positive one, I have two cocker spaniels and they love it when I am curled up on the sofa or bed as they love being curled up with me, they have been such a comfort to me and again loved it when I was at home all the time.

---------- Post added at 11:32 ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 ----------

sorry missed that last post I have 5mg diazapan.

sickandtired
14-10-12, 11:36
regaining your appetite is a good sign......I lost a stone in 3 weeks.....i think i had half a potato cake a day.....i had no interest in food whatsoever,which was weird coz i love food (im 13 stone)
its funny you should mention pets Janine.My daughters have 2 rabbits and they have lost interest in them,so the feeding,cleaning is left to me.......I found giving them extra attention and brushing them soothing (i even chat to them....my neighbours think im mad,lol) i look after those rabbits better than i look after myself ! lmao

Scoobydoo1
14-10-12, 12:10
How long does 5mg of diazepan last in your system would you say? Xxx

sickandtired
14-10-12, 12:18
sorry i dont know...my doc wouldnt give me any.....i got addicted to Nytol instead lol

Scoobydoo1
14-10-12, 12:21
How long have you been on the tabs now Janine and sick and tired, btw, my real name Is Dee. Xx

---------- Post added at 12:21 ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 ----------

Should I flush mine down the loo? Scared I'm relying on them too much .. Xx

Janine
14-10-12, 12:34
Hi Dee, No don't flush them down the Loo, just knowing I had them if I needed them helped, someone said to me at the same stage you are if you are suffering take one there is no shame in it, sometimes is was one a day or every other day, you need them to get through these side effects. I am also on propanlol which which has really helped with the anxiety and panicky feelings. Once my doctor upped it to the 160mg slow realease within a few days I started to feel better. I have had the diazpan since mid August but am still on the first prescription and have not taken one for two weeks now.

sickandtired
14-10-12, 12:53
Hi Dee
no keep them......you need them in these early weeks.....i wish my doc would have given me some .....I was also on propranolol but they did nothing for me....i had 3 massive panic attacks in the space of a few days resulting in ectopic beats,i was a nervous wreck,scared to go anywhere.......its still so very fresh in my memory which is why im enjoying how i feel right now because its a total contrast!!
I thought id never work again,and actually thought id be in a nuthouse .....(seriously)
now ive got a new job with training,life gets better and better,im enjoying life and my Mum says its great to see me smiling again.I never realised just how low id got before the meltdown....i just thought i was being a miserable cow and feeling sorry for myself,but i now know i really was genuinely ill and there was no " pulling myself together".....i needed help
Ive had some therapy too which helped....i only needed 4 sessions to help me on the right track.must go now....but will chat later ,take care both of you xxx

Scoobydoo1
14-10-12, 16:44
Thanks both of u for the chat, would love to chat more later if I'm not being a pain? Thanks again . Dee xxx

---------- Post added at 15:39 ---------- Previous post was at 14:33 ----------

Janine, are you on fluxontine? Xx

---------- Post added at 16:44 ---------- Previous post was at 15:39 ----------

Have had quite a good afternoon, does anyone think I'm ok now and just wait for the fall again. I'm scared to say I feel better . Prob wake up tomorrow and back to square one again. Does this sound familiar to anyone else? Xx:hugs:

sickandtired
15-10-12, 17:45
Hiya Dee
no youre not being a pain......
yes,the up and down feelings are all normal,everything you say sounds like me 12 months ago...
its gunna be ok, so enjoy feeling 'normal' again,even if its short lived.....try not to worry about your off days too much......theyre usually followed by a good day....and remember the bad days will soon be a distant memory and most days will be good.....youre slowly getting through this....it will happen!!!
sorry i didnt get back online last night,I just started a new job recently..... went for a lie down....and fell asleep! :roflmao: definitely good...as sleep was impossible for me 6 months ago...day or night.Im loving my new job,i feel part of society again and feel very proud to have come through it all....its so good to be happy again.it will happen for you too,just believe in yourself :flowers:

Scoobydoo1
15-10-12, 19:35
Thankyou for your lovely kind message, so glad you are enjoying your new job, I'm hoping to go back to work soon as I think it can help to a certain exstent. Defo had the best day so far today , although still not ready for shopping or leaving the house alone or for too long. But after your kind words of encouragement and the way things have happened to me in the past I know there is recovery. Thankyou so much again. Xxxx

Janine
15-10-12, 19:47
Hi Dee, my doctor said that work was a good thereapy if you are up to going as it helps take your mind off things, I was ok going to work although it was very hard to concentrate the first couple of weeks but it was everywhere else I did not want to go even to the Supermarket and have only started going out a few places since the medication kicked in at just over the 5 weeks. I have got to go to a meeting in London on Thursday which two weeks ago I would not even have contemplated but although it is going to be hard I know I can do it now.

Glad you are feeling brighter today

Katie22
15-10-12, 20:57
Scoobydoo1

Thanks so much, listening to all your comments,i know i'm not on my own, but whilst these things are happening to you, you feel on your own. As I have said before I dont have a partner thats sympathetic he's a "just get on with it" so I do tend to not say how I feel... when to me its hell.......

I have an appt at Docs next week, so see what she says. And yes I would love a chat sometime. x

Sickandtired
I really wish I was you, cant wait to come out of the other side. So pleased you are well and happy...x

Scoobydoo1
15-10-12, 21:39
How many weeks are you at katie22? xx

---------- Post added at 21:39 ---------- Previous post was at 21:32 ----------

Just read back, see you are on week 3, so a little way to go yet, I had my hopes pinned on 4 weeks and when it came and passed and I felt the same I was gutted. But not wanting to tempt fate I have had a better last couple of days, I have also been sucking the non alcohol rescue remedy gums, maybe in my mind but I feel calmer on them, they are herbal and were recommended to me, maybe worth a try? We will come through this...I know xxxx

Katie22
16-10-12, 08:20
Scoobydoo1

I'm on week 4, back to doc's next week to see how I'm going on..

---------- Post added at 08:20 ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 ----------

Scoobydoo1,

Scoobydoo1
16-10-12, 09:48
Woke up anxious today, really disappointed as I thought I was on the up, nearly week 5 , got doctors today , hope she can't suggest something that will help, really scared to up my meds as don't want anymore side effects. Xx

joy
16-10-12, 10:40
Still feeling crap one week on 10mg and nearly 2 weeks on 20mg. The only thing thats happened is I#ve got a slight appetite which I havent had for months which maybe is a good sign.

Otherwise everything horrible

Some positive vibes please folks

Love Joy

Scoobydoo1
16-10-12, 11:03
Still early days for you yet Hun, I'm sure you will get better, read the other posts on here, they recon it can take up to 8 weeks to feel the real benefit, just have to hold on, appetite is a good sign, do u sleep ok? Xxxx

joy
16-10-12, 11:55
No sleep very badly even with sleeping tabs scooby, how are you feeling now and how many weeks in

Joy

Scoobydoo1
16-10-12, 12:40
Not much better to be honest, I dropped off to sleep and woke up in a right state, may be tempted to take a diazepan, keep feeling sick with the anxiety , hate hate hate it. Xx xx how's u at the mo? Dee xx

---------- Post added at 12:40 ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 ----------

Oh, nearly 5 weeks in. Xx

joy
16-10-12, 15:44
scooby

What did the GP say,sorry you are having a bad day

joy

Scoobydoo1
16-10-12, 15:48
My appointment is at 4.40 will let you know xxx

joy
16-10-12, 15:53
yes please post cos her reply will interest all of us that are still suffering

Love Joy

Scoobydoo1
16-10-12, 15:55
Xxxxx

sickandtired
16-10-12, 16:22
20 mg of Fluoxetine is the theraputic dose.I would be wary of upping your dose higher than this yet......it can sometimes send your anxiety through the roof again as you battle with the side effects.
Ive got through this on 20 mg and believe me,I thought i was going crazy this time last year.I thought it would never end......so scared,so sad and i felt so alone (apart from when i chatted with people on here who understood) Its hard to see a better time when people are telling you to 'pull yourself together'......god if it was only that easy!!!!! best wishes to you all xxx

loreen
16-10-12, 16:39
Hello

Been reading the posts for a while.

After trying most SSRIs/SNRIs I am now on 10mg prozac as a last resort.I am very sensitive to meds and am beginning to think nothing will work.

I know no meds are a magic wand,but some relief from the panic and blackness would be good.

I think it really helps to know I am not the only one living this mad world,especially as my family are not good at understanding.

Sometimes I log on to just reassure myself I am not alone in this!

Sorry for the ramble

Loreen x

sickandtired
16-10-12, 16:45
aw Loreen....i know how you feel....my hubby wasnt and still doesnt understand my mental health problems fully.i gave up trying to explain months ago.keep logging on for reassurance......i did exactly that for about 3 months!!! i just came back on here a few days ago to give people an update and encouragement.this is my 3rd time on AD's and im never coming off them again x

loreen
16-10-12, 18:41
Thank you for replying

My hubsand says things like "get a grip" and "oh for goodness sake,pull yourself together"

I understand he is giving me "tough love" and I also know that before this happened to me I probably would have said the same thing.

Had a bad day today.Feel really guilty for not going to my sons Harvest Festival.Just knew I wouldnt cope in a hall full of people.Spent all morning in tears feeling like a bad Mum.

Loreen x

Scoobydoo1
16-10-12, 18:49
The doctor has put my tabs up to 30mg, and recommends councilling. There is no quick cure so it appears . Xx

Janine
16-10-12, 19:21
I feel for you all it is so tough but like Sick and Tired I do feel better and there is light at the end of the tunnel, it just seems to take so long to get there, I went back to the Docs today and I was a wreck when I saw him two weeks ago and then a couple of days later things began to turn and even though I was waiting for a blip it has not come, I feel that 20mg is probably enough for me, he did not mention putting it up at all which I was pleased about.

Dont feel guilty about not being able to do things you cannot help the way you feel and Loreen you are not a bad mum.

I have been lucky my husband has been very good and understanding although I know he has been frustrated at times because he has felt useless as he has not been able to help me however like you I really needed to hear from people who understood what I was going through and this web site certainly kept me going through the really black days.

Dee maybe the 30 mg is what you need if that is what he has said

Janine
17-10-12, 09:01
After having two really good weeks I am having a blip, went to bed and off to sleep ok as was really tired, woke up after an hour feeling really sick and hot flushes really badly, managed to get back to sleep but have been awake since really early keep going hot and feel very wobbly, is it normal to just get the anxiety back after two good weeks, I was 7 weeks yesterday. feeling really fed up

joy
17-10-12, 09:40
its possible you have a bug of some description try not to panic

joy

Tufty
17-10-12, 10:17
Yep sounds like a bug

Our immune systems are rubbish when we have anxiety - the stress hormones use up all our defenses and we get every cough, cold, stomach bug, kidney infections, herpes, shingles, impetigo, boils, acne going - and that's just my ailments in the past few months!
Drink plenty of water, eat a little if you can, Paracetamol and snuggle up with a book or film
Take Care
Sam

ricardo
17-10-12, 10:44
I think no two people react the same on any drug. i was on liquid prozac some 5 years ago for anxiety not depression but it gave me violent headaches for weeks,and a huge appetite,thus weight gain, .so my doctor advised me to stop

I went back on it some three months ago and i calmed me down but i had different symptoms.loss of appetite completely and urine retention mainly late afternoon and evening yet slept 4/6 hours every night.i also had excessive sweating and then extreme coldness.

Some people are more sensitive than others to drugs,but the constant urge to wee drove me mad,so on my doctor's advice stopped taking prozac. The flow isn't perfect but it is a lot more bearable.
I would say with all SSRI it takes a good six weeks to kick in.
Now i only take propanol (beta blockers) 40mg but am hooked on valium, which though addictive gives me relief from panic.

Janine
17-10-12, 12:17
Thank you all for your comments, I am just feeling a bit sorry for myself after feeling so well, I have had to come into work because we are short staffed and I am the manager, I have stopped feeling sick and am trying not to think about the flushes and wobbiliness, I have a meeting tomorrow in London which I really need to go to and I think subconsiously I am worrying about it even though I have been to loads before I had all this with no problems.

I think you are right Sam our immune systems are low and we get something and just think it is the anxiety etc instead of thinking we might have felt like that anyway if you get my drift.

It is nice to have all this support

loreen
17-10-12, 14:59
Hi Janine

Well done for going into work-you are so brave to tackle it head on.

I find work to be good for me,although sometimes I feel like I am letting people down when I have to rush outside for some air. The distraction, and interaction with others definitly works for me though.

Hope you feel better soon,

Loreen x

joy
17-10-12, 15:48
anyone know how supersal is???

joy

Janine
17-10-12, 16:11
She was feeling better the last I heard, because she has not been on I was thinking she must be well, hope so anyway.

Supersal1984
17-10-12, 16:40
Aw hi Joy, thanks for thinking of me. I am up and down, but the ups are getting longer and better.

Janine, what you described, the wobbles, sickness and temperature is what I had for a week at week 5-6! It could have been a bug, but I had it after two good weeks too! So if it is that it will get better promise

Sending you all hugs xxxx

Janine
17-10-12, 16:46
Good to hear from you I thought you had been good as you had been quiet but obviously you feeling poorly too, yes I think we blame the anxiety for everything and we will get other things, feeling a bit better now apart from a really bad migraine but not looking foward to going to bed as it is the first really bad night I have had for two weeks.

You have given me hope, I do hate these blips.

loreen
17-10-12, 17:22
Good luck in london tomorrow Janine. Do you have someone to go with, for support? Sometimes the worry and anticipation is worse than the actual event.

Do your work colleagues know about your illness? I have been very open at work,although most people probably guessed I am struggling !!

Hope you get a good nights sleep.I know I am much worse when I am tired.

Loreen x

Janine
17-10-12, 17:44
Yes am meeting someone halfway my regional manager who has become a friend and she knows, yes I have been open to how I have been feeling with work colleagues and it has amazed me how many have had something similar and worse and they have been glad to talk about it, my office has become a councilling office

Yes I am tired, I don't want a repeat of last night

Scoobydoo1
17-10-12, 17:54
Glad me can all help each other xxx

---------- Post added at 17:54 ---------- Previous post was at 17:52 ----------

We

Supersal1984
17-10-12, 20:43
Yes I always find the night, after a bad night, is much better as the tiredness knocks you out! Hope you feel better. I found drinking lots of water helpful, but not just before bed. Let me know how you get on xxxxx

Janine
17-10-12, 21:02
Will do, have had a bath and was hungry at teatime so had some pasta, have been better with eating but have not put any weight on so clothes still baggy, have got a belt ready for tomorrow! Hope to keep it off now. At least I am positive about going, two weeks ago I did not think I would go to a meeting again,

Scoobydoo1
17-10-12, 21:58
Good luck Hun xxxx just remember it can't hurt us xxx

Supersal1984
18-10-12, 05:59
Hey,

Sometimes I think oh no not another bad day! I am back to square number one, these tablets will never work. The thing is they work so slowly that it is hard to notice any difference. But if we compare we are now eating better, sleeping better, working full time! It is a massive difference in a positive direction! And look at you eating more and heading to work with less worry. We are doing great xxxxxx

Janine
18-10-12, 07:47
Yes we have to remember how we were two three weeks ago but it is really tough when you have had a run of good days, it is also comforting to know it is just not you and it is a blip and then you wonder how long it will last. Hope you have a good day today and the rest of you too, am off to catch train. Xxx

joy
18-10-12, 09:28
close to climbing the walls with anxiety and been like it for 2 dayd

is this normal after 1o dayx of prozac

joy

Richard1960
18-10-12, 09:54
The prozac will take around 4-6 weeks before you really start to notice the difference and you could very well feel worse before you feel better,give it another few weeks at least i was on prozac a few years back and it took 4-6 weeks to be fully effective.

Though i did not get on with it very well,and citalopram works much better for me.

Richard.:)

Scoobydoo1
18-10-12, 09:54
Defo, really early days. Hold on will get better xxxx

joy
18-10-12, 15:36
This prozac lark is hard, feel really weird today, shaky unreal and anxious

Help?????

Joy

loreen
18-10-12, 16:28
Hi Joy

I can not really help,but do understand.

I think we have both done the rounds on meds,with little long term success.I am just hoping if I stick out prozac long enough things will start to come right.
Are you still on pregabalin? I take 200mg per day-dont know if it helps though.Too scared to come off it incase I am even worse!

Loreen x

Janine
18-10-12, 18:13
Joy I was climbing the walls at 10 days, it eased a bit for a few days and then I had a fee more really bad days, gradually I had more better days than bad, it is hard to get through them but you will. It does get easier and you will have blips but you will not go down as far each time it happens

Scoobydoo1
18-10-12, 21:09
Really hope so, going back to my 20mg Tom xx

joy
19-10-12, 08:55
dreadful day yesterday Woke this morning in complete panic which is still here

dont know if i can stand it

Joy

loreen
19-10-12, 09:32
Janine,how was your meeting in London? Hope it went well for you,and you coped ok.

Got to go to work soon. Seem to have a permenant headache at the moment. Dont know if it is the meds,or if I am just so stressed and anxious that is the reason.

Loreen x

Janine
19-10-12, 09:51
Meeting went well thank you, a bit panicky on the train just before getting into London but once off and walking around I was better, I go through meeting and then had a meal with my colleague and I felt good, felt really tired when I got home it really took it out of me, I had an early night and slept decently, still have a really bad headache but aprt from that am ok. I have had a lot of headaches as I suffer with Migraine but I do think it is the meds as well so it could be why you are having them too.

Joy just hang in there it will get better I promise

Scoobydoo1
19-10-12, 09:57
Janine are you on 20mg, I went up to 30mg and felt awful. Back on twenty now and waiting. Xxxxx how many weeks you been on them now? Dee xx

Janine
19-10-12, 10:02
Hi Dee, I am on 20mg and have now been on them 7 weeks and 3 days but remember I said it took 5 weeks before I felt any better

Scoobydoo1
19-10-12, 10:19
Joy, hope ur ok? Xxx

loreen
19-10-12, 10:55
Having a rubbish morning.Ready for work,but don't know if I will make it.

Hate feeling like this:weep:

Loreen x

Scoobydoo1
19-10-12, 11:01
Poor loreen, it's horrid, what meds you on and how long for Hun. Xxx

loreen
19-10-12, 11:09
HI Dee

On prozac 10mg.Tried 20mg for 2 weeks but felt suicidal,so doctor dropped me back down to 10mg. Been on prozac for about 7 weeks,but started on a tiny dose (5mg) so hard to tell what week I am on !!

Am going to work now.Even the drive in feels scary.

Loreen x

Janine
19-10-12, 11:10
Loreen you can do it, you said yourself that it distracts you, even if you go in for a while you will really feel you have achieved something today. I have gone in and told myself I will give it a go and get done what needs to be done and then come home, I have then surprised myself as I have stayed all day mainly because it has been good to talk to others and distract myself with tasks, it really is not easy but sometimes I have stuggled in feeling so rough and then felt better as the day has gone on.

xx

joy
19-10-12, 11:10
feeeling dreadful too. Yes loreen I'm on pregabalin as well 300.mg not that it does anygood

joy

KCam11
19-10-12, 17:29
Im so glad I saw this post! Im on day 13 of Prozac. It worked for me last year but I went off of it a few months ago. Now Im back on it and am having horrible side effects.

Stomach pain, lack of appetite, weight loss, crazy obsessional thoughts.

Glad that Im not the only one going through this as this feels so alone sometimes!

Janine
19-10-12, 17:47
I have replied on your other thread but yes weight loss is normal, upset tummy and the thoughts, just try and take it a minute at a time, you will feel better but there will be ups and downs. I hit rock bottom at 4 weeks but started to improve at just over 5 weeks and started to eat better.

loreen
19-10-12, 18:41
Janine,thank you for your words of encouragement.You were right,I was able to do it.

I had a very wobbly start,but after a pep talk from a very understanding colleague, I managed my full 6 hours. It was very hard to stay focussed,and now I feel totally drained.However I also feel like I am not a total failure after all.

Loreen x

Janine
19-10-12, 19:17
Loreen I had lots of wobbly starts and even now find mornings difficult until I get caught up in everything that is going on and like you nice helpful people to talk to. Obviously there has been days when I have not been well enough to go in and that was hard because until all this started I have never taken any time off sick.

All the effort we are putting in does make us tired and last night I was really tired but was so pleased with what I had achieved because believe me two weeks ago there was no way I would was going to go to London for a meeting.

You are not a failure you have really succeeded today.

Scoobydoo1
19-10-12, 20:45
Had a better day today, happy, always tomorrow though. Better on 20mg xx

Janine
19-10-12, 21:40
Good news Dee, hope it lasts for you and you have good night

joy
20-10-12, 08:17
My anxiety is thro the roof, saw shrink yesterday as an emergency and he thinks its the prozac extemely worsen it but wants me to give it another week. all right for him!!!

joy

Tufty
20-10-12, 08:49
Morning Joy,
Did he give you any tranquillisers yesterday?
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:
Are you still on 20mg?
Try to hang on for another week, with all you've been through another week is a nothing (even though I understand each minute is a living hell at the mo:bighug1:)
Let's hope he's right and this is the one for you
Sending you much love
Sam

Janine
20-10-12, 08:56
Joy it is the side effects that are making you feel like this, at 4 weeks I still felt so bad early hours of one Sunday morning that I rang out of hours doctors service, spoke to a lovely doctor who explained that it does take 4 to 6 weeks to work and you do feel worse before you feel better, somehow that helped me and got me through the next few days, went to see my GP who upped my propanalol and that helped me get through it. It is not easy and you feel like you are at rock bottom but you will come out the other side.

joy
20-10-12, 12:44
Thanks for your reassurance. shrink gave me a diaz when i got there and monitored my reaction while i was there and agreed at the end it doesnt do anything for me. but then again what does???Feel physically unwell today but mood is slightly better least I'm not as scared.Dont know if its worth all the really. he also told me not to spend most of the day on settee but do things.cant do much tho feeling so weird.

love joy

Janine
20-10-12, 14:32
Joy it is so hard to do things and I am the worlds worst at sitting doing nothing but watching TV but that was all I could do, I could only do little jobs and then sit down and some days nothing at all, I felt so guilty because that is not normal for me but I just could do no more, it is easy for the doctors to say keep distracted and do things but when you feel like this you can't, I was counting the minutes then hours and days until I felt a bit better.

We will help you get through it believe me I was where you was 2 3 weeks ago

xx

sickandtired
20-10-12, 14:56
oh Joy the first few weeks on prozac is hell......try and hang on in there....it is extremely hard to focus on anything,keep occupied etc....as all we do is sit and analise our thoughts and feelings constantly......you feel it is impossible to think about anything else other than the way we are feeling right now.try just the simple things first......go for a walk....even if its just around the block (I had to literally drag myself out.....but it really did help) ......have a nice relaxing bath,have a lie down....no matter what time of day...if you feel like a nap...have one.....and the best thing that worked for me......try and find something funny to watch on TV.....(I know you might not feel like it) but my breakdown happened before Xmas last year and I never thought Id get through Xmas day......but we put Mrs Browns Boys on series 1.....and I actually found myself laughing.For a few hours,I totally forgot my anxiety....each day gets slowly better.You wont even notice the tiny differences at first,but give it a few more weeks xx

Scoobydoo1
20-10-12, 15:31
My doctor told me to do what I felt happiest doing, she said don't force yourself to do anything that will make you more anxious, I do a bit then sit on me bed and play scrabble then do a bit more etc. there is no right or wrong with this, it's what gets us through the days. Xxx

---------- Post added at 15:31 ---------- Previous post was at 15:24 ----------

Sick and tired , your last post makes so much sense to me, it's like there are little voices in my head pushing me and testing my strength , true when I do anything they do go for a while, till I allow them back in again, 5 weeks and 3 days, do u think there is still a chance things will get better for me? I'm wondering . Xx

Janine
20-10-12, 15:48
I agree with sick and tired, you have to do what you feel like doing, one day you feel that you can do somethings and go round the block and sometimes you want to sleep or just sit, you have to go with how you feel on the day and it changes hour by hour or over a few minutes, and you never think you are going to feel better, I still have blips but they do not last so long or are as severe as the were.

Dee of course at 5 weeks plus there is still a chance I was not expecting to even start feeling better until 6 weeks because of what people were saying on here but I did and so will you bit by bit.

Scoobydoo1
20-10-12, 15:58
Did u get negative thoughts? Xxxx

Janine
20-10-12, 16:09
Yes absoloutely everything was negative, the way I was feeling, the future everything but it is because you feel so lousy and you cannot see a way forward. I would cry at the simplest of things, I felt useless, guilty about silly things none of these are the way I normally feel and that made me feel even worse.

Scoobydoo1
20-10-12, 16:13
So glad I found this site xx

Janine
20-10-12, 16:14
Me too, it has helped me such a lot

Scoobydoo1
20-10-12, 16:14
The only strange thing with me is I can sleep so well xx good 8 hours a night x

Janine
20-10-12, 16:20
That is something I am finding hard, I am a light sleeper anyway and always have been and have always had to get up a few times for the loo, when I was feeling really poorly I was struggling to relax and get back to sleep, now it is 6ish when I cant get back to sleep easily, I do get off to sleep ok because I am so tired it is just staying there and if you can get a good sleep it is some respite for a while so that is good if you can.

Scoobydoo1
20-10-12, 16:24
I really feel for joy ATM, she's having a hard time xxxxx its just hanging on . X

loreen
20-10-12, 16:37
hello everyone

Just back from work. Had an ok day.

I too suffer from really negative thoughts.No matter how I try ,I find it hard to feel positive about me,how everyone sees me and my role as a Mum, Wife and employee.

My heart has been banging most of the day and still feel on edge. How nice it would be to turn back the clock 18 months and have the old me back.

Loreen x

Scoobydoo1
20-10-12, 16:50
Brave you, you should be proud u manage to work. Xx

chris27
20-10-12, 17:17
I have been on prozac, at 10mg, for four weeks this thursday. The side effects have gone, apart from a bit of broken sleep. But I just feel so miserable, as if I am pulling myself through the day and it is as if I no longer enjoy anything!I felt a bit depressed before I went on prozac, but I feel worse now. Just wondering if there is any point carrying on with it.

Any comments are welcome!
hi im cris i wud giv them a few more wks they take about six wks t0 wrk x

Janine
20-10-12, 20:15
But you did it loreen again, I want the old me back again too but I think we have got to be patient and think we will get there

sickandtired
21-10-12, 13:32
you will eventually get 'the old me' back,but a much stronger version.you have to learn to put yourself first for a change.Yes,you are a Mum,Wife,housekeeper....a damn good hard worker,but no one can keep up the wonderwoman act forever....and you shouldnt be expected to.be kind to yourself....learn to stop critisizing yourself in everything you do.....it takes alot of time.....but when you emerge from this darkness,it will be a new start,you will gain confidence each day .....each small victory will give you the strength to see a more positive future....without worry,panic or dread.Make sure you get enough sleep,dont push yourself too hard.....try and eat little and often,take care of YOU for a change :hugs:

joy
21-10-12, 15:16
hello all

well dont feel so strange today but the anxiety is raging so I dont know what is better really.Got the hospital apt tomorrow re dodgy heart Xray which I had recently so thats worrying me I suppose.

Hope every one else is ok

Does anyone find the meds give you memory problems cos mine is getting bad

love joy

Janine
21-10-12, 15:20
Good luck tomorrow Joy, probably the worry of that is making your anxiety worse, all this waiting does not help.

loreen
21-10-12, 19:26
Thank you for your words of wisdom.You make good sense.

I think my self esteem is at an all time low so I see everything in such a negative way.

Good luck tomorrow Joy-hope all goes well for you xx

Loreen x

joy
22-10-12, 12:01
Been at the hospital all morning having a barrage of tests and thankfully they cant find anything wrong at all, so why am I still feeling dreadfil. Altho last week i couldnt have tackled it at all,just feel so shaky andd wobbley and my brain seems to be asleep

Hows everyone else

Joy

loreen
22-10-12, 12:31
Joy that is good news-Im pleased all is ok.

You are making progress as you said you could not have done the hospital last week.It may only be a small step but it is positive.

I am not too bad today.No work to cope with,just stroppy teenagers and an autistic 9year old.

Loreen x

Janine
22-10-12, 12:34
Hi Joy, it is good that they did not find anything but you still will feel dreadful as you have worked yourself up and it takes time to relax again, also I think you are still really suffering from the side effects from the fluxotiene, the hospital did tests on me because I felt so lousy and they were all clear but it did not make me feel any better.

At least like you said you tackled it, don't beat yourself up try and relax and have a sleep that may help.

Scoobydoo1
22-10-12, 13:13
Anyone feel worse when the time of the month approaches? Xx

Tessar
22-10-12, 13:19
most definitely worse then; that's why i've ended up on prozac

Scoobydoo1
22-10-12, 13:22
But I've been on Prosac for nearly 6 weeks, had a couple of good days but now as the time of the month approaches I'm feeling really bad today, thought I was getting there !!!! Xxx

Janine
22-10-12, 14:42
HI Dee, the positive is you have had a good couple of days and you will again, it probably is your hormones, I do not have that time of the month anymore but I am sure that it would make you feel worse, wait and see how you feel afterwards, you might string a few more good days together then.

x

Scoobydoo1
22-10-12, 15:09
Think I am better when I have company, been on my own most of the day and the head starts playing games again, partner and daughter with me all weekend and although I didn't go any where the negative thoughts stayed away for most of the time because I was talking or involved in something else. Need to get back to work but feel not ready, tricky one . Xx

loreen
22-10-12, 19:22
Hello Dee

I am the same-much worse when I am on my own. My mind starts going over conversations I have had ,and worrying I said something wrong etc.
I also worry more over my mental state when I am alone.

The work thing is one only you can decide. I know it helps me to interact with others. However I couldnt work without the understanding of my manager. She cant wave a magic wand, but she is supportive. (It helps that she has suffered in the past too)

Do you have a stressful job? If so, then best to wait a while.

Also there is the option of going back on reduced hours until you and your doctor feel you can cope with more.

Loreen x

Janine
22-10-12, 19:29
Loreens right it has to be your choice, I am lucky that my line manager has also suffered although I did not know until I became ill. I could also do a lot from home for the first 3 weeks when I only went in odd days and then after that I came home early. Once I felt a little better it did help take my mind off things being with others but when I was really bad I just wanted to be at home, I just took it on a day to day basis of how I was feeling.

I know what you are saying about being on your own you think more and feel really down, sometimes though I just wanted to shut myself away as I did not want anyone to see me how I was.

Scoobydoo1
22-10-12, 20:11
U guys are great xxx

Tessar
23-10-12, 08:56
It's kinda scary (but reassuring) to hear that others are much worse when on their own. My mind never stops. I'm definitely better in company. Keeping busy helps; sometimes even when at work luckily i'm able to listen to music which distracts me. oltherwise i find i'm doing my work at the sametime as thinking about everything.

Scoobydoo1
23-10-12, 10:43
6 weeks today and still feel crap, worked before don't think it's going too this time...... Not so anxious just feel low , want the old me back........

loreen
23-10-12, 12:54
Dee,I think you need to give it a bit longer.

It's good you don't feel so anxious- that's positive.

The low mood could be because you have suffered so much over the past few weeks and it is your bodies way of dealing with it.

I sometimes feel very depressed ,and it can last for days before it eases .I don't think I ever feel 100% ,but at least the blackness lifts every so often.

I am waiting to feel like me again. I think my husband wants his wife back,and my children their Mum back. So hard to deal with.

Loreen x

Scoobydoo1
23-10-12, 14:34
If doc changes my meds, does it mean I have to start from square one again? X

loreen
23-10-12, 14:44
You would get the possible side effects from the new meds.

If you try something else,ask to start on a low dose to give your body time to get used to something new.

Your doctor would advise you wether to take new meds straight away or taper off the prozac. When I changed from prozac to citalopram I was told to go straight onto the new meds with no tapering off prozac.

I really think you should give it a bit longer though. I cut down to 10mg which I am finding much easier to cope with. Maybe your dose is too high for you?

Speak to your doctor to see what they think.

Loreen xx

Janine
23-10-12, 16:58
Dee, I would give it a bit longer as you have come so far, you said that you are not so anxious which is a good sign, I am at 8 weeks today and although my anxiety is loads better I still get very depressed on some days and that is really hard for me to deal with as this was something that I have never suffered with before going on these tablets as I went on them for anxiety.

At the end of the day though only you know how you feel so it has to be your choice and like Loreen said you will discuss it with your doctor and you must do what you feel is right for you

Scoobydoo1
23-10-12, 18:47
Just seen my daughter in law who has not seen me for 3 weeks and said I'm 100% better , more chatty , happier and brighter. Can't see it myself though lol xxxxxxxx

loreen
23-10-12, 18:53
Sometimes we are the last to notice any change !

My doctor often says I look better when I think I am worse! Just goes to show how different people see things in a more positive way to us.

You need to think about what she has noticed, and maybe stay on the fluoxetine for a bit longer?

Loreen xx

Scoobydoo1
23-10-12, 19:25
I am and thank you , takes ages though doesn't it, thanks for caring so much xxxxxx all of u

joy
24-10-12, 08:49
I#m still waiting for prozac it kick in if its going to

Joy

Scoobydoo1
24-10-12, 08:57
Joy , do you retch in the mornings , sorry horrid question but I'm finding myself doing this most mornings now. X HATE MORNINGS

asgard47
24-10-12, 10:44
Joy, do you retch in the mornings, sorry horrid question but I'm finding myself doing this most mornings now. X HATE MORNINGSFrom day 6 through 11, I'd say I was dry retching most mornings. Nausea seems to be one of the many side effects though.

It did ultimately pass and I have been OK the past week or so, but there this morning it's started again for some reason.

Mind you, I think I may have picked up a cold from a work colleague, so that, together with the meds and the fact that my anxiety is ramping up again recently, probably all comes together to give me butterflies in the stomach.
I swear, these past few days, my stomach has been growling like a mad thing, lol.
So I may well have a legit upset tummy.

joy
24-10-12, 12:33
scoopy,

Not now dry retching or nausea just ax high and spaced out feeling

LOve Joy

Janine
24-10-12, 18:45
Joy how long have you been on them now,

Dee, SUperal had real problems with reaching and nausea if you look back at this thread

---------- Post added at 17:45 ---------- Previous post was at 17:42 ----------

Sorry it should have said Supersal

Scoobydoo1
24-10-12, 20:41
Be 6 weeks tomorrow xxxxxx had a good day today, xxx

Janine
24-10-12, 21:13
That's really good that you have had a good day today, hope you have another one tomorrow xxx

Scoobydoo1
24-10-12, 21:22
Still had the same thoughts, was able to deal with them better today. Xxx how are you feeling? Xx

Janine
24-10-12, 21:33
Have been at a conference all day so am feeling really tired and have a headache now, feel good that I did it and was fine, saw colleagues that I have not seen for a while and they remarked on how well I looked just less of me. A few weeks ago I never thought I would be able to go.

Scoobydoo1
24-10-12, 21:46
Good for you, how much weight have u lost? Xx

Janine
24-10-12, 21:57
I had lost a stone before I was ill which had taken me five months, my eldest son is getting married next year and I wanted to lose some but just enough to make my clothes feel more comfortable and then lost another stone in two weeks when I was first ill and went on the fluxotiene, now everything is baggy. It has not gone back on so that is one good thing that has come out of all this!,

Scoobydoo1
24-10-12, 22:07
A stone in 2 weeks, my god u must of felt terrible. Poor u, flouxentine always made me put weight on when I felt better, to be honest I don't care, just want me again, sod the weight. Lol. If u know what I mean? Where do u live Janine ? Xx

joy
25-10-12, 08:56
Janine

Just over 2 weeeks on the 20mg dose but about 4 weeks in all. Sick of it all as no sign of improwvement. Wken up dizzy this morning to add to everything else/

Love joy

Congrats on doing the meeting

I havent lost any weight on prozac but got noappitite

Janine
25-10-12, 09:36
Hi Joy. I think you have to give it a bit longer, 4 weeks was my worse and most frustrating time as I thought I should be feeling better and wasn't, at this point I thought it was never going to work and felt very low, I told myself I would give it 6 to 8 weeks because of what I was reading on here and infact I started to feel better at just over 5 and then had a really good two weeks before I had a little blip but even then I did not feel as bad and it passed quicker. It is hard when you feel like crap but you will feel better I promise. Try and eat even if you have no appetite, the nurse at the surgery said every two hours even if it is just a biscuit or toast, I found soup in a mug good as I could just slowly sip it.

Dee, I live in Norfolk, yes I did feel awful as I just could not eat and that made me feel worse because then I was weak and it was a vicious circle but I am eating now and have more energy although evenings I get really tired.

Hope you both have a better day, I am going to catch up in the house today as I am on day off.

Scoobydoo1
25-10-12, 12:11
I've lost a stone, in 4 weeks, only eat in the evenings, as everything seems to calm down then, just nibble on banannas in the day. My weight has stabilised now and things seem to be getting better, although too scared to say it case it all comes back again, have docs later which is making me anxious as I haven't been out the house in a week, prob do me good. Xx

Supersal1984
25-10-12, 14:14
keep going guys! It does get better but so slowly sometimes, you do not notice it xxx

Scoobydoo1
25-10-12, 14:35
Had lunch today, well pleased lol simple things eh?. Xx

Janine
25-10-12, 17:56
Dee, it is good that things are getting better, how did you get on at the doctors.

Supersal, how are you feeling now.

Scoobydoo1
25-10-12, 21:01
Doc ok , gave me more Diaz but warned me only to take if really needed . Only 2 mg, Yey I think I may of turned a corner . Xx

Janine
25-10-12, 21:12
Good news, I think just knowing I have some Diaz if I need it helps, I carry it with me, I have not needed it for 3 weeks now. It is nice when you think you have turned the corner, hopefully it will carry on getting even better.

Supersal1984
26-10-12, 09:00
Much better thanks Janine. I have more energy and I actually enjoy the housework and my job!!

Still have jaggedly days! But life is much better now and I seem to find everything funny.

How are you?? X

Janine
26-10-12, 09:59
loads better thank you as you know I had that blip last week but I think it was the IBS flare up and it was the first time since I had the infection which started all this off. I have had a good week this week, funnily I had a really depressed day yesterday, until I started on these tablets i didn't do depressed, anxiety is so so much better though and like you I have more energy again. We never thought we were going to feel better did we so what an improvement, I wonder how Little Lu is as she helped us through it.

Glad you are ok

xx

loreen
26-10-12, 10:34
Janine,I have also started to have really bad days of depresssion.I have not suffered from low mood before and wonder if it is a side effect of fluoxetine?

My doctor says anxiety causes depresssion,but when I was anxious without medication,I was never depressed.

The feeling of doom and being on the verge of tears at the slightest thing is not good.

Loreen x

Janine
26-10-12, 11:02
Yes its really strange, I was not depressed either before although I was at the beginning of taking Flux but that was because it was making me feel so ill.

Maybe it is that and the time of year, Christmas is going to be strange this year as I lost my dad in March (another trigger they think) and my mum is not the easist person to deal with so although my husband, 3 boys and girlfriends are great and it will be the first one with the girlfriends being here it will be different without my dad and I think that first one without him is always going to be stange and of course dealing with my mum who insists she is staying at home on her own, she also thinks it is just her that is grieving, she forgets that my sister and I are too. Other than that I have a great family, friends and a job I love so why do we feel like this sometimes!!!