PDA

View Full Version : Strange dizziness

primrose
01-08-06, 16:50
Hi!

I know that dizziness is a symptom of anxiety/panic, but every once in a while I experience a bit unusual dizziness and I'm wondering if anyone has ever experienced it too?
So, when I'm sitting I feel like I'm being on the boat, I have this "wavy" feeling, it occured when I was waiting for one meeting and once at college.
At second type of dizziness I have feeling that I can't walk straight, that something is dragging me aside, that I'm about to fall aside, it happened once in the mall and I hardly made it to the car, it was better when I sat down, but completely it faded away just when I lay down. The other time it lasted for even more days.
Has anyone experience something similar?

Jabz
01-08-06, 17:14
Hey,

I have the SAME exact thing that you do, in fact I am over anxiety I barely get anxiety, but i still have this symptom. However it has been easing up on me, and slowly but surely its going away, I have to admit its pretty scary sometimes.

now i know youre thinking, he probably doesnt have the same exact thing that i do..so let me give you some examples. whenever im at work and im in front of the computer, ocasionally i feel like the floor is moving, the pc monitor is floating..or im in an ocean swimming. Whenever im outside and walking or at a street crossing waiting to cross, i feel like my head is dragging me to the floor or to one side. sometimes i feel like my whole body is swaying side to side, this isnt dizziness but something else..

i hope ive convinced you =)

Stan

PaladinX
01-08-06, 22:35
im amazed that you said mall. I think the mall is like a big trigger for anxiety. I have had a few bad experiences at the mall. Something about it i have no idea what.. I feel like im dieing. Or that im off balance or have to hold onto the railing

expecto patronum
03-08-06, 14:06
I have dizziness but its really a feeling of being off-balance too. It can feel a bit like getting off a boat whan your body still thinks your on the boat, and sometimes I feel really 'floaty' aswell.

giddy
04-08-06, 08:58
Hi there
Like Stan my anxiety has almost gone, but I still get the dizziness from time to time especially if I'm tired or tense. Mine happens most when I sit down or lie down and it feels like I'm bobbing up and down or moving even though I'm not. If I get up and walk it usually goes, though sometimes it feels like I'm walking on jelly. Try not to worry too much about it, dizziness is a common symptom of anxiety.
take care
Love Helen

jackie
05-08-06, 08:42
guys do you also get a feeling with it that your heart is fluttering or weak or just diong something bloody strange because i havvehad the dizzy spells out of the blue but my heart seems funny with it

anyone? Please?

jackie

Jabz
07-08-06, 17:51
yeah sometimes i get the weird heart things, but i dont exactly thing its your heart..its your chest muscle spasming..cause youre nervous and tense about the dizziness..your heart usually doesnt hurt where its located it gives off pain to other things..

..dont let anxiety trick you.
Stan

kym
08-08-06, 22:00
i also have bouts of dizziness, and feeling off balance, but i also get this feeling thats feels like its connected to my heart, and the best i can describe is its like the sensation you get when your in a lift and it comes to a stop, be interested .xto know if anyone else gets this strange feeling

nattynoo
10-08-06, 08:54
Hi guys

Im new so be gentle!!!

i get the dizzy feeling too but it kind of feels compounded in my head - it makes me quite light-headed and "woozy" for want of a better word. Like i will be sitting at my desk at work and suddenly feel like im gonna pass out so i walk to the ladies room and feel much better. its been like this (to varying degrees) for the last 2 weeks but i have only just started my job so might be that.

i am usually a really confident, energetic person but being "highly strung" i guess my anxiety comes out in this way. i just want it to stop. it is so exhausting trying to keep a hold of it whilst maintaining my cool at work and convinving myself that i am not dying!