PDA

View Full Version : Insomnia - every night!

GirlAfraid23
18-09-12, 15:26
Every night I go to bed exhausted after work and lack of sleep the night before.
Every night I toss and turn until 1am/2am and have to get up at 6am. I just want to have one night of rested 8+ hours sleep.
How can I relax and empty my mind?

swgrl09
18-09-12, 15:51
Have you tried some meditation recordings? You can find some free online on youtube or download free podcasts with relaxation and meditation recordings that help you do just that - relax and empty your mind.

NoPoet
18-09-12, 17:50
Hi, I agree with swgrl09, I usually listen to relaxation or self-hypnosis mp3s most nights and sometimes mornings too. I made a lot of these mp3s myself.

Paul McKenna does some good ones but there are almost too many others to list. It can take several weeks before the benefits of these hypnosis-style mp3s become apparent and when you do start to notice, it is very comforting.

I would also recommend physical exercise like a walk around the block. Mental burnout from work is not the same as tiredness from fresh air and exercise. Fresh air itself is a total knockout, especially if you aren't used to it.

Stressing about going to sleep is the WORST thing for insomnia. You need to train yourself out of stressing about sleep - that's where the mp3s come in.