PDA

View Full Version : ALMOST A YEAR

Laurie28
02-06-04, 14:27
Hiya Guys,

This isn't a success story as such but..

It has been almost a year since my anxiety 'peaked' and if anyone had told me that this 'condition' (for want of a better word) existed and could totally limit lives as much as it did mine I would think they were grossly exagerating, of course I had heard to many of the complaints (mostly in magazines and TV) but never experienced them.

The BAM I was hit!! I was never the most confident person in the world and my self esteem has never been the highest but this was something else. From confusion to fear back again I have NEVER experienced anything like it. I remember all too vividly the feeling of thinking I was ging to die or running into the bathroom at work and having a panic. I remember smells that freaked me and waking up every morning thinking 'thank god I'm still alive' I remember the throat tightening and most of all the fear of nothing (although I could always make it into something.

And a year on I am soo much better. I don't think I could have carried on like that as i was not 'living' but trying to 'stay alive'. I hid from everything and at one point my partner had to come everywhere with me.

These fears were soo real and even though i knew they were irrational still turned me into a quivering wreck (the fact I knew they were irrational scared me and confused me even more!)

Anyway the fact is I'm still alive and finally starting to 'live' again. yes, I still have irrational fears but can deal with them so much better. I am eventually putting on a bit of weight and going out with friends more often to nights out. I know I am not 'through the woods' yet but will get there.
I really feel I wouldn't be where i am at the at the moment without my family and you guys for listening to my 'irrational' fears and bringing me back to 'reality'

So Thanks Guys
Love
Lucky (not there yet but the end's in sight!!!)

Meg
02-06-04, 14:45
Dear Lucky ,

Very well done . You have worked consistently very hard to get where you are with the progress that you've made on so many counts.

Many Congratulations .

Meg

apm
02-06-04, 16:24
Yay! Great to hear a story like this- so important for all of us to look at our future selves (with anxiety under control), not dwell on the here and now so much. Keep the faith!

Alex.
x

Outside a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside a dog, it's too dark to read.
-Groucho Marx.

sadie
02-06-04, 21:00
Lucky,

Well done to you for getting to grips with your anxiety over this last year. It just goes to show with a lot of patience and commitment, anxiety can be overcome.

Take care

sadie

sarah
02-06-04, 21:28
Hiya Lucky

You say it isnt a sucess story but I beg to differ mate!
You have come on a long way since you first joined this site and you should be really proud of yourself!!

take care and heres to seeing you even better in another years time!!!

love Sarah
xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution :)