PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Australia

Chrissy88
19-09-12, 11:46
Hey everyone,

I'm 24 from Australia. I've been suffering with general and social anxiety for most of my life, it's only been the last 7 years that i've been hit with panic attacks. I've put off joining forums like this before because I couldn't find any that were as active as i'd like, until I stumbled upon this site today. Glad to be a part of the community, looking forward to getting to know you all. :)

nomorepanic
19-09-12, 11:57
Hi Chrissy88

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

electrical_stormgirl
19-09-12, 12:21
Hello and welcome :hugs:

Chrissy88
19-09-12, 12:28
Thank you! :)

paranoidtree
19-09-12, 13:50
Hi Chrissy! :welcome:

scaredykat9
19-09-12, 14:01
Hi there neighbour!
I'm also from Australia and have just joined up. I'm a Sydney girl suffering from depression, anxiety & just recently panic attacks. What a relief to find a place with others who understand these issues! I feel less alone already. I am looking forward to gaining access to the chatroom...maybe we can connect there as we are in the same timezone.
Welcome and keep in touch! :welcome:

Chrissy88
19-09-12, 14:08
Thanks for making me feel welcome everyone. Scaredykat-Welcome to the forum too! I actually live about six hours from Sydney, it's a small world isn't it? I would love to chat to a fellow Aussie sometime. :)

Sparkle1984
19-09-12, 19:37
Welcome to the forums! :)

akadawny
19-09-12, 20:33
Hi there

Welcome, I have been here a day and feel so much better allready :)

My Dad lives in Australia, but the other side in Perth :)

Tish
20-09-12, 15:21
Thanks for making me feel welcome everyone. Scaredykat-Welcome to the forum too! I actually live about six hours from Sydney, it's a small world isn't it? I would love to chat to a fellow Aussie sometime. :)

Haha! Only an Aussie could say ONLY six hours away! :welcome:

merlotsmum
20-09-12, 16:25
Welcome, I live back in the UK now - where I was born but lived in Sydney (Macquarie Park) for a number of years then up on the NSW Central Coast. I do miss the old place.

Good luck with your journey :D

Chrissy88
20-09-12, 17:03
Haha! Only an Aussie could say ONLY six hours away! :welcome:

Haha true, it's a very big place. Six hours away anywhere else (especially Europe) would basically take you to a completely different country. Thanks again everyone.