PDA

View Full Version : Out of scale and jerky movements

ksmith
02-08-06, 00:30
Would be interested to know if this affects anyone else and why it might occur. If I watch TV or a film and something is out of sync, the wrong scale size, or moving in a jerky fashion, I feel physically sick. There's an advert on at the moment where a little man rides a huge dog which moves in the wrong sort of way. In other words the way it moves does not look natural. Jason & the Argonauts (original film) is another example of how jerky movements and things that are out of scale can made me feel sick. Anyone similar or have any thoughts on this??

Kay

Eclipse
02-08-06, 00:45
Hi Kay,
The advert you're talking about with the man on the dog doesn't make me feel 'physically' sick but I don't like seeing it cos it's weird/freaky! The 'Happy Deals' one with the Fonz in it has the same effect. Nobody I've pointed it out to seems to know what I mean though!!
Sorry this isn't very constructive but the mere mention of that ad and I couldn't keep quiet!!

Magz :0)

ksmith
02-08-06, 11:51
Thanks Magz,

It is so difficult to describe but when I have to turn the TV off or walk out of the room my family thinks Im absolutely nuts!!! Nice to know someone else feels freaked by this phenomena

Kay

jill
02-08-06, 12:39
Hi Kay,:D

Sorry to hear the tv ad is making you feel like this, it is hard to explain to people who have not had this, they would never undertstand. My hubby thought I'd lost the plot every thime I walk out of the room.

When I was acute, I had this alot. I would say the same, it did not make me feel sick BUT, it made me feel soooo scared. I came to understand that for myself, it was the fligh, fright response, I never had a full blown panic but would always feel scared, looking for danger where there was none. I new at these times that my anxiety levels was high 10 being full blown panic, 1 being normal, at these time, I would say I was a 5. I would always praise byself for just being a 5. When NOT watching these things and feeling calm, I would go over them in my head and try and think of the funny side of the ads or things that made me feel that way. It took along time and alot of hard work to change my thought pattern on this, but it did work in the end.

Hope this helps, even if its just knowing you are not alone and it does pass.

You take care

LOVE JILLXXX

ksmith
02-08-06, 17:05
Hi Jill

You're probably right. People who don't suffer from anxiety would not probably take any notice of the ads. It is probably a flight response from a fright (eg., something just doesn't look right, brain sensing danger etc). I think I know why Magz feels the Happy Deals, with the Fonz in is strange. It's the colour. They have mixed studio lighting with daylight film and it just doesn't look right!!

x