PDA

View Full Version : Here again

Aillie
19-09-12, 12:24
So here I am again!!
For the past few months I've been feeling a "pressure" in my groin which travels into the hip/ gluteal/ lower abdomen. Went to gp who ordered a hip x ray. All clear. Said I may have a hernia and if x ray clear she will book an ultrasound. It's been several weeks and I've heard nothing.the pressure/ pain remains.
Of course I'm in a panic re these symptoms, and I am worried if this is a tumour.
I would appreciate your thoughts, and if course if any fellow ha sufferers have experienced these symptoms

DBW626
24-09-12, 22:30
Hi Aillie,

I have a hernia in my groin area and the feeling is like pressure as you say. Sometimes it feels like a dragging pain. It can go up to my lower abdomen and sometimes I can feel pressure even at the top of my thigh. My GP doesn't seem concerned about it and just said try and lose some weight, as it isn't too painful most of the time (I also begged her not to send me for an op just yet!) I do think it sounds like that's what's causing the feeling in your groin.

I wouldn't worry that it's been a few weeks since you've heard anything. Appointments now can take a long time to come through. Give it another week and if you've heard nothing maybe give your GP a ring and see if they can hurry it along for you.

Aillie
01-10-12, 23:03
Thanks for the reply. Although Im finding myself becoming increasingly more worried. Made the mistake of googling earlier :/

fozzy is crying
01-10-12, 23:13
I developed a problem in my right hip two years a go. First my Doctor said "Gordon at your age you can expect some extra pains" I said to him "Richard you cheeky sod you are not that much younger than me so your time is coming".

That was just part of our normal banter. He did an examination and said the problem was all part and parcel of my ever getting worse spinal problem with trapped nerves. But Richard being Richard he arranged for me to have X-rays just in case and they proved negative. Meantime he added to some of my painkiller mix as a temporary measure and got me an appointment to have my meds reviewed for this aspect with a consultant. The consultant confirmed all my GP had said and also the new drug mix he said was spot on.

So no worry was well checked now well used to hopping around on one leg at times :yahoo:and look forward to my next banter chat with Richard.

Gordon